Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
Companies of all sizes are responsible for the safety of chemicals that they place on the EU market. There is a lot of material and many tools available to help you. Thousands of companies, including many SMEs, have already registered their chemicals with ECHA.
If you are new to REACH, CLP, PIC and the Biocidal Products Regulations, the first step is to find out about your rights and responsibilities. These depend on your role in the supply chain, the specific substance you import, manufacture, store or use and how hazardous it is.
Reduced fees for SMEs
Small and Medium-sized Enterprises can benefit from reduced fees under the REACH, CLP and Biocidal Products Regulations. The reductions depend on the company size as defined by the Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC and can be up to 95% from the standard fee for a REACH registration.
- Verification of fee reductions - ECHA's Management Board adjusts administrative charge levels12 June 2015
- General Court has annulled ECHA's decision regarding administrative charge29 October 2014
- SME size verification - reductions to the administrative charge25 February 2013
- ECHA encourages registrants to ensure their company size is correctly declared21 February 2012
- Charges for companies wrongly registering as SMEs 26 November 2010