A pilot project by ECHA’s Enforcement Forum examining imports of products into the EU has found that 23 % of inspected products were non-compliant with REACH and CLP. Some imports contained illegal amounts of hazardous substances that are restricted in the EU, while others had incorrect hazard labelling – which could compromise their safe use and put citizens’ health at risk if they enter the market.
Starting on 1 October 2020, he will chair the Management Board for the next two years.
- The Committee for Socio-economic Analysis (SEAC) supports France and Sweden’s proposal to restrict the use of skin sensitising substances in clothing, footwear and other articles with similar skin contact. If adopted, the restriction will prevent many people from developing new skin allergies while also relieving the symptoms of many of those who already have them. This is expected to result in health benefits equivalent to at least €708 million per year.
- Applications for authorisation
- Consultations: 11
- Start date: 12/08/2020
- Deadline: 07/10/2020
- Identification of substances of very high concern
- Substances: 2
- Start date: 01/09/2020
- Deadline: 16/10/2020
- Testing proposals
- Testing proposals: 6
- Start date: 24/08/2020
- Deadline: 08/10/2020
- Testing proposals: 29
- Start date: 21/09/2020
- Deadline: 05/11/2020
- Potential candidates for substitution
- Active substance: 2
- Start date: 28/08/2020
- Deadline: 27/10/2020
- Public consultations on OEL proposal
- OEL proposals: 1
- Start date: 14/09/2020
- Deadline: 12/11/2020
POPsThere are currently no ongoing consultations.
- Draft update to the Guidance on registration sent for PEG consultation
- Draft update to the Guidance on data sharing sent for PEG consultation
- What is SCIP? What should be done?