Groupe de contact des directeurs
The Directors' Contact Group (DCG) provides an informal platform for the exchange of views between the European Commission, ECHA and Industry Associations. Executive Director Geert Dancet chairs the group.
The DCG's objectives are to monitor the overall preparedness of companies and to identify and resolve the priority issues of concern in meeting obligations relevant to the registration of chemical substances. Special attention is also paid to priority issues of concern for a secured supply of substances to downstream users.
The DCG was set up in January 2010 in the run-up for the first registration deadline of phase-in substances. Under its initial mandate, the DCG found solutions to 28 issues of concern for industry. These solutions were shared with the Member State Competent Authorities through the CARACAL advisory body and with the EU/EEA Enforcement Authorities through the Forum for Exchange of Information on Enforcement.
In January 2014, the DCG adopted new Terms of Work for the period until 31 December 2018, with a particular focus on coordinating support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), whether registrants or downstream users.
In case you identify yourself as being in a situation described under issues 10, 15, 20 and 21 in the Summary Paper above, you are advised to contact ECHA before you submit your dossier.
The DCG publishes information on specific aspects of its work by means "communiqués.
- Communiqué of 1 October 2014 (DCG3) [PDF] [EN]
- Considerations to be made when joining an existing SIEF [PDF] [EN]
- Checklist to hire a good consultant [PDF] [EN]
- Summary Paper on 28 issues and solutions [PDF] [EN]
- Terms of Work [PDF] [EN]
- Report [PDF] [EN]
- Communiqué of 4 June 2014 (DCG3)[PDF] [EN]
- Communiqué of 15 January 2014 (DCG3)[PDF] [EN]
- Communiqué of 1 July 2011 (DCG11) [PDF] [EN]
- Communiqué of 25 May 2010 (DCG5) [PDF] [EN]
- Communiqué of 6 May 2010 (DCG4) [PDF] [EN]
- Communiqué of 3 April 2010 (DCG3) [PDF] [EN]
- Communiqué of 2 March 2010 (DCG2) [PDF] [EN]