Second Lead registrant workshop
11 to 12 October 2012, Helsinki
ECHA organised its second workshop for lead registrants from 11 to 12 October 2012 in Helsinki.
The workshop was targeted at lead registrants and took place in ECHA's conference centre. As for the previous workshop in February 2012, the content was coordinated together with the Agency's Accredited Stakeholder Organisations and industry associations who presented parts of the programme.
Programme & speakers
Download the latest workshop programme.
Download the list of speakers.
- Opening - Geert Dancet, ECHA [PDF]
- ECHA's strategic aims - Christel Musset, ECHA [PDF]
- Registration 2013 – Expectations and key messages – Kevin Pollard, ECHA [PDF]
- Getting your substance identity right – Bernadette Quinn, ECHA [PDF]
- Preparing your dossier for submission – Javier Sanchez, ECHA [PDF]
- Dossier preparation and submission: practical tips from industry – Rene Hunziker, Dow Chemical Company [PDF]
- Confidentiality and dissemination – Catherine Cornu, ECHA [PDF]
- New features and benefits for (lead) registrants ahead of the 2013 deadline – Laurence Hoffstadt, ECHA [PDF]
- Learnings and recommendations on dossier evaluation – Rupert Simon, ECHA [PDF]
- Read-across and categories: do's and don'ts – Karel de Raat, ECHA [PDF]
- Industry experience and lessons learned with dossier evaluation – Hugo Waeterschoot, Eurometaux [PDF]
- Desirable interaction between registrants and downstream users: ECHA perspective – Laura Walin, ECHA [PDF]
- Desirable interaction between registrants and downstream users: industry perspective – Erwin Annys, Cefic [PDF]
- Getting your use description and the scope of exposure assessment right – Andreas Ahrens, ECHA [PDF]
- An industry message to lead registrants – Phil Humphries, ASD [PDF]
- Desirable structure and presentation of information in exposure scenarios – Sylvie Lemoine, DUCC [PDF]
- Improving the practical usefulness of exposure scenarios – an ECHA view – Augusto di Bastiano, ECHA [PDF]
Participants attended training sessions on lead registrant dossier submission including an overview of the new features in IUCLID 5.4 as well as a live demonstration of Chesar and its latest updates.
The material of the training is available below.
- IUCLID 5.4 and dossier submission – Francois Legoff, ECHA
- Overview of Chesar 2.0 – Roberta Bernasconi, ECHA