Stakeholders' Day 2017
The main focus of the day was preparing for the final REACH registration deadline on 31 May 2018. One year to the deadline, the conference offered registrants, in particular SMEs, the most up-to-date advice, guidance and case studies to help them register successfully.
This was a two-day event. On 4 April, we offered training sessions on ECHA's IT tools and one-to-one sessions with our experts. On 5 April, the plenary session covered three main topics: REACH 2018 - one year to go, Case studies for successful registration and Using chemicals safer in Europe.
4 April (IT tool training)
- From zero to registration workshop
- OECD QSAR Toolbox
- Chemical Safety Assessment and Reporting tool (Chesar)
- Dossier preparation and submission (IUCLID, REACH-IT, ECHA Cloud Services)
- Session 1: REACH 2018 - year to go
- Session 2: Case studies for successful registration
- Session 3: Using chemicals safer in Europe
Session 1: REACH 2018 - year to go
- Opening - Geert Dancet, ECHA
- Seven phases to successful registration - Christel Musset, ECHA
- Missing data? How to get it - Laurence Hoffstadt, ECHA
- Classifying your substance: Dos and dont's - Fabrice Broeckaert, ECHA
- How to ensure a successful submission - Mercedes Vinas, ECHA
Session 2: Case studies for successful registration
- Case study: substance identity - Mike Penman, Penman Consulting
- Case study: applying alternative methods - Wera Weubner, BASF Schweiz AG
- Case study: cost and data sharing - Monica Locatelli, TEAM Mastery
- Case study: Non-EU manufacturers - Rudolf Staab, Only Representative Organisation
Session 3: Using chemicals safer in Europe
- Improving supply chain communication: now to 2020 - Jack de Bruijn, ECHA
- How use maps help improve supply chain communication - Marten Kops, A.I.S.E.
- Chemical safety report as company asset - Mike Rasenberg, ECHA
- Tips and tools for chemical safety assessment - Dirk Schwartz, Bruno Bock Thiochemicals
- Closing remarks - Jukka Malm, ECHA
IT tool training (4 April)
- IUCLID 6, REACH-IT, ECHA Cloud Services
- Chemical Safety Assessment and Reporting Tool (Chesar)
- QSAR Toolbox
The event is open to all but is particularly useful for those involved in REACH and CLP, industry associations, companies, public bodies, NGOs, representatives of countries outside the EU and the media.
For specific questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.