Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 200-772-0
CAS number: 72-17-3
Description of first aid measures:
- General advice: Call a poison center or a doctor if you feel unwell.
- Following inhalation: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- Following skin contact: Wash skin with plenty of water.
- Following eye contact: Rinse eyes with water as a precaution.
- Following ingestion: Call a poison center or a doctor if you feel unwell.
Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed:
- Main symptoms: None known. No acute and delayed symptoms and effects are observed.
Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed:
- Suitable extinguishing media: Water spray, foam, dry powder, carbon dioxide.
- Unsuitable extinguishing media: Do not use a solid water stream as it may scatter and spread fire.
Special hazards arising fom the substance or mixture:
- Fire hazard: No fire hazard.
- Explosion hazard: No direct explosion hazard.
- Hazardous decomposition products in case of fire : Under fire conditions, hazardous fumes will be present: Carbon dioxide, Carbon monoxide.
Advice for firefighters:
- Firefighting instructions: Evacuate personnel to a safe area. Move containers from fire area if it can be done without personal risk. Use water spray or fog for cooling exposed containers. Prevent fire fighting water from entering the environment.
- Protection during firefighting : Do not attempt to take action without suitable protective equipment. Self-contained breathing apparatus. Complete protective clothing.
Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures:
- For non-emergency personnel:
Protective equipment: Wear recommended personal protective equipment. Emergency procedures: Evacuate unnecessary personnel. Do not touch or walk on the spilled product. Avoid breathing vapours, mist.
- For emergency responders:
Protective equipment: Do not attempt to take action without suitable protective equipment.
Environmental precautions: Avoid release to the environment.
Methods and material for containment and cleaning up:
- For containment : Stop leak if safe to do so. Contain any spills with dikes or absorbents to prevent migration and entry into sewers or streams.
- Methods for cleaning up:
Large amounts: Cover spill with non combustible material, e.g.: sand, earth, vermiculite. Shovel or sweep up and put in a closed container for disposal. Flush contaminated areas with plenty of water.
Small quantities of liquid spill: take up in non-combustible absorbent material and shovel into container for disposal. After cleaning, flush traces away with water. Never return spills in original containers for possible later re-use.
- Other information: Dispose of materials or solid residues at an authorized site.
- Precautions for safe handling: Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Avoid breathing vapours, mist. Ensure good ventilation of the work station. Wear personal protective equipment.
- Hygiene measures: Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety procedures. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Always wash hands after handling the product.
- Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities:
Storage conditions: Keep container tightly closed in a cool, well-ventilated place.
Storage area: Store according to local legislation.
- Appropriate engineering controls: Ensure adequate ventilation, especially in confined areas. Do not expose to temperatures above 200 °C.
Personal protection equipment: Wear recommended personal protective equipment.
- Eye/face protection: None under normal conditions. Use splash goggles when eye contact due to splashing is possible (EN166).
- Skin and body protection: Long sleeved protective clothing (EN 13034).
- Hand protection: None under normal conditions. In case of repeated or prolonged contact wear protective gloves (EN374): Butyl rubber. Glove thickness: 0.5 mm, permeation class 6 (>480 min).
- Respiratory protection: No respiratory protection needed under normal use conditions. Where exposure through inhalation may occur from use, respiratory protection equipment is recommended (half-face mask, Type A (EN 140))
Environmental exposure controls: Avoid release to the environment.
Other information: Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety procedures. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Always wash hands after handling the product. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
- Reactivity: The product is non-reactive under normal conditions of use, storage and transport.
- Chemical stability: Stable under normal conditions.
- Possibility of hazardous reactions: No dangerous reactions known under normal conditions of use.
- Conditions to avoid: Do not expose to temperatures above 200 °C / 392 °F
- Incompatible materials: None known.
- Hazardous decomposition products: Under fire conditions, hazardous fumes will be present: carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide.
Waste treatment methods:
Regional legislation (waste): Dispose in a safe manner in accordance with local/national regulations.Waste treatment methods: Dispose of contents/container in accordance with licensed collector’s sorting instructions.Product/Packaging disposal recommendations: Empty containers should be taken for recycling, recovery or waste in accordance with local regulation.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
På den här webbplatsen används kakor. Syftet är att optimera din upplevelse av den.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again