Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 203-742-5
CAS number: 110-16-7
· General information: Symptoms of poisoning may even occur after several hours; therefore medical observation for at least 48 hours after the accident.
· After inhalation: In case of unconsciousness place patient stably in side position for transportation.
· After skin contact: Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly.
· After eye contact: Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. If symptoms persist, consult a doctor.
· After swallowing: Call for a doctor immediately.
· Information for doctor:
· The following symptoms may occur: Sensitization possible throuph skin contact. Contact with dust may cause irritation of mucous membranes. Burning of eyes, mucous membranes and skin. Coughing, headache, indisposition, shortness of breath.
Hazards and systemic effects: Strong irritating effect after breathing of dust and contact with eyes.
· Target organs: Skin.
· Chronic effects: Sensitization
· Treatment: No specific antidot. Symptomatic treatment.
Suitable extinguishing agents: CO2, powder or water spray. Fight larger fires with water spray or alcohol resistant foam.
· Special hazards caused by the substance, its products of combustion or resulting gases: In case of fire, the following can be released:
Carbon monoxide (CO)
Formation of explosive dust/air-mixtures is possible.
· Protective equipment: Wear self-contained respiratory protective device.
Person-related safety precautions: Wear protective equipment. Keep unprotected persons away.
Avoid formation of dust.
Use respiratory protective device against the effects of fumes/dust/aerosol.
Wear protective clothing.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
Avoid spillage of product into the environment.
Access only for trained personnel with personal protective equipment.
· Measures for environmental protection: Do not allow to enter sewers/ surface or ground water.
· Measures for cleaning/collecting: Dispose contaminated material as waste.
Ensure adequate ventilation.
· Additional information: Discharge into waste water channels and biological treatment plants only after clearence with the operating company and in accordance with local Authority approval.
· Information for safe handling: Keep containers tightly sealed.
Empty containers must not be used for other products.
Contaminated protective equipment should be cleaned before taking it off.
Fill only in dedicated and assigned containers.
· Information about fire - and explosion protection: Dust can combine with air to form an explosive mixture.
· Requirements to be met by storerooms and receptacles: Store in a cool location.
· Corrosion of metals: It should generally be borne in mind that there is a possibility of corrosion on contact with this material. Resistance should be checked in each individual case.
· Further information about storage conditions: Keep receptacle tightly sealed.
· Maximum storage temperature: No data available.
· Recommended storage temperature: Currently no data available. It is therefore recommended not to exceed room temperature (max. 25°C) during storage over a longer period of time.
· Acceptable storage time: No data available.
Use dust-proof protective suit.
If possible use this material only in closed systems and devices. In case of open plant systems (sampling devices, filling and discharging, cleansing works etc.) use local exhaust and collecting trays. Follow emission limit values. Measures in case of unwanted emissions should be established.
No decomposition if used according to specifications.
Material must be disposed in accordance to legal regulations.
Discharge into waste water channels and biological treatment plants only after clearence with the operating company and in accordance with local Authority approval.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Damit Sie die Website optimal nutzen können, verwenden wir Cookies.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again