Chemical safety report/Exposure scenario roadmap
Exposure scenarios are important tools for improving the safe use of chemicals in Europe. They are developed in the context of the chemical safety assessment undertaken as part of the REACH registration process. ECHA and several stakeholder organisations have developed a plan for improving the content and use of exposure scenarios during the years 2013-2018.
All stakeholder organisations are encouraged to make a commitment to this collaborative effort by signing the commitment charter. By doing this, stakeholders recognise the importance of generating and communicating accurate and clear information on the conditions of safe use of chemicals through the supply chain. They also commit to support the further development and implementation of the actions laid down in the roadmap.
Identification of the information that registrants need from downstream users so that they can assess their uses.
Development of the IT tools to support the efficient generation and communication of consistent information on safe use.
Set up a process for formulators to consolidate the information from single substances into information on the conditions of safe use for their products.
- CSR/ES Roadmap [PDF][EN]
- Commitment charter [PDF][EN]
- Roadmap implementation plan, July 2013 [PDF][EN]
- First progress report [PDF][EN]
- Second Implementation Plan[PDF][EN]
- Leaflet - Working together towards the safer use of chemicals: Roadmap and Exchange Network on Exposure Scenarios [PDF][EN]
- Survey on Downstream User Chemical Safety Assessment/Report [PDF][EN]