The open trainee positions are described in the table below, if you cannot find a matching opportunity now, you are encouraged to submit an open application. You may apply to several services but do note that each one requires a separate application. Only candidates selected for telephone interviews will be contacted.
You may find more information about the eligibility criteria as well as the rights and duties of the trainees in the Rules governing the traineeship scheme of the European Chemicals Agency. We recommend you to read them carefully before submitting your CV.
In order to enable as many European citizens as possible to familiarise themselves with the European bodies, traineeships will not be offered to applicants who have already received more than eight (8) weeks of any kind of in-service training within a European institution or body or who have ever been employed by European institution or body in any capacity, or who have worked for European institution or body as an interim staff member, researcher or intra-muros expert for more than eight (8) weeks.
The Corporate Services Unit is one of the key supporting units of the Agency. The Unit provides services to internal and external stakeholders with a high service-oriented mind set. The services provided include Meetings and Travel Services, Conference and A/V Services, Building Maintenance and Physical Security. Within the Building and Facility Team there is a strong emphasis beside a correct contract and professional project management, to deliver the necessary added value. This includes advice on workplace design and office lay-out, ergonomic advice, support on customers' wellbeing and reducing the Agencies environmental impact. The Building and Facility Team has an opening for a Trainee in Environmental Engineering with an understanding of the principles of Environmental Management Systems.
The Trainee will assist the Infrastructure Assistant and the Facilities Assistants within the Building & Facility Management Team to assess, identify, implement and execute the environmental measures of the Agency. The main duties of the role shall cover:
- Collect and verify information concerning the current environmental performance of the Agency;
- Assess the environmental figures and environmental measures in place into environmental indicators;
- Translate measures and figures on their environmental impact and performance and suggest improvements;
- Assist in the set-up of an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System for the Agency and coordinate with the Executive Office of the Agency
- Provide daily assistance to the team in the environmental performance of the Agency;
- Suggests integration of environmental measures in the contract management of the building, procedures in place and the follow-up of the facilities;
- Provide support and assistance to other services in the Corporate Services Unit on environmental attitudes and measures.
- Completed university studies of master degree level in environmental engineering;
- Knowledge and/or interest in environmental building management systems;
- Some knowledge of facility and building management including maintenance of technical installations;
- Communication and facilitation skills to proactively engage and influence multiple internal stakeholder groups;
- Experience in using MS Office tools;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Aptitude for team work;
- Good English skills both written and spoken (as this is the working language of the Agency).
Starting Date: 1 September 2015
Duration: 6 months
Deadline for applications: 2 August 2015 at 24:00 Helsinki time
Apply to a traineeship.