The open trainee positions are described in the table below, if you cannot find a matching opportunity now, you are encouraged to submit an open application. You may apply to several services but do note that each one requires a separate application. Only candidates selected for telephone interviews will be contacted.
You may find more information about the eligibility criteria as well as the rights and duties of the trainees in the Rules governing the traineeship scheme of the European Chemicals Agency. We recommend you to read them carefully before submitting your CV.
In order to enable as many European citizens as possible to familiarise themselves with the European bodies, traineeships will not be offered to applicants who have already received more than eight (8) weeks of any kind of in-service training within a European institution or body or who have ever been employed by European institution or body in any capacity, or who have worked for European institution or body as an interim staff member, researcher or intra-muros expert for more than eight (8) weeks.
The Executive Office provides support to the Executive Director and the Senior Management in ensuring that the Agency is fulfilling its objectives in a coherent, effective and efficient way. The Quality Management function is part of the Executive Office and coordinates the development and implementation of the Agency's Integrated Quality Management System (IQMS). The Quality Manager assists the Executive Director in ensuring the establishment, implementation, maintenance, assessment and continual improvement of the IQMS.
The Agency's management system is certified according to ISO 9001:2008. The scope of certification covers the technical, scientific and administrative aspects of the implementation of the REACH and CLP regulations and the development of supporting IT applications.
The traineeship offers the unique opportunity to gain practical work experience in the realisation of an integrated quality management system. The trainee will work with the Quality Manager and participate in the overall ISO 9001 certification exercise (e.g. through the regular surveillance audits).
Assist the Quality Manager in coordinating at corporate level the harmonised implementation of the ECHA Integrated Quality Management System and in supporting its further development and improvement. The work may include the following tasks:
- Assisting in the implementation and follow-up of action plans, progress monitoring and reporting related to the refinement of the IQMS;
- Assisting with the integration of environmental management into the IQMS;
- Assisting in the organisation of the surveillance audits and internal quality audits, including planning of individual audits, arranging meetings, keeping registers;
- Assisting in organising regular internal meetings of the Agency's Quality Organisation, including keeping and follow-up of action lists;
- Assisting in the allocation and monitoring of reviews of IQMS documentation;
- Contributing to the implementation of the Internal Quality Communications Plan, in particular the elaboration and dissemination of information material related to the IQMS;
- Contributing to the organisation of relevant information and training sessions, and assisting in developing training material and providing training;
- Providing support in developing, conducting, evaluating internal surveys, presentation of the results, definition and follow-up of actions.
- Completed university studies at least to bachelor degree level, preferably in business or public administration or in a field relevant for the assignment;
- Proven knowledge in quality management and environmental management is an asset;
- Some practical work experience in a relevant field;
- Awareness of the Agency's mission and the objectives of the REACH and CLP regulations;
- Experience in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Aptitude for team work;
- Good English skills both written and spoken (as this is the working language of the Agency).
Starting Date: 1 November 2015
Duration: 6 months
Deadline for applications: 23 September 2015 at 24:00 Helsinki time
Apply to a traineeship.