Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 211-694-1
CAS number: 687-47-8
Description of first aid measures
General advice: Call a physician immediately.
If inhaled: If breathed in, move person into fresh air.
In case of skin contact: Take off all contaminated clothing immediately. If on skin, rinse well with water. If symptoms persist, call a physician.
In case of eye contact: Rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. If easy to do, remove contact lens, if worn.
If swallowed: Rinse mouth. Do not induce vomiting. Drink water. Call physician immediately.
Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed
Symptoms:RednessBurnPainsuperficial burning sensationTearingCough
Risks: Causes serious eye damage. Irritating to respiratory system.
Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed
Treatment: Treat symptomatically. In case of shortness of breath, give oxygen.
Extinguishing mediaSuitable extinguishing media:Water sprayDry powderFoamCarbon dioxide (CO2)
Unsuitable extinguishing media: High volume water jet
Special hazards arising from the substance or mixtureSpecific hazards during firefighting: Exposure to decomposition products may be a hazard to health.Vapours may form flammable mixture with air
Advice for firefightersSpecial protective equipment for fire-fighters: Use personal protective equipment. In the event of fire, wear self-contained breath-ing apparatus.
Further information: Use a water spray to cool fully closed containers. Prevent fire extinguishing water from contaminating surface water or the ground water system.
Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency proceduresAdvice for non-emergency personnel: Use personal protective equipment. Evacuate personnel to safe areas. Ventilate the area. Keep people away from and upwind of spill/leak.
Advice for emergency responders: Use personal protective equipment.
Environmental precautionsEnvironmental precautions: Should not be released into the environment.
Methods and material for containment and cleaning upMethods for cleaning up: Collect as much of the spill as possible with a suitable absorbent material. Contain spillage, soak up with non-combustible absorbent material, (e.g. sand, earth, diatomaceous earth, vermiculite) and transfer to a container for disposal according to local / national regulations. Sweep up and shovel into suitable containers for disposal. After cleaning, flush away traces with water. To clean the floor and all objects contaminated by this material, use plenty of water.
Precautions for safe handlingTechnical measures: Use only non-sparking tools. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting equipment.
Advice on safe handling: Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid inhalation, ingestion and contact with skin and eyes. Wear personal protective equipment. Do not breathe mist or vapours.Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilitiesRequirements for storage areas and containers: Keep containers tightly closed in a cool, well-ventilated place. Store locked up.Further information on storage stability: Stable at normal ambient temperature and pressure. Storage temperature : <49.6 °C / 119.4 °F.
- Appropriate engineering controls: Ensure good ventilation of the work station. Keep in a cool place. Emergency eye wash fountains and safety showers should be available in the immediatevicinity of any potential exposure. Assess the risk of potentially explosive atmospheres and the need for explosion-proof equipment. Do not expose to temperatures above 48.6 °C / 119.4 °F.
- Hand protection: Protective gloves. Material: Butyl rubber. Permeation: 6 (> 480 minutes). Thickness (mm): 0.5. Standard: EN 374.
- Eye protection: Safety goggles. Wear a faceshield or other full face protection if there is a potential for direct contact to the face with dusts, mists, or aerosols. Equipment should conform to EN 166
- Skin and body protection: Long sleeved protective clothing
- Respiratory protection: In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment. Device: Half-face mask (DIN EN 140). Filter type: Type A/P2, Brown. Condition: Vapour, Aerosols. Standard: EN 14387, EN 140.
- Environmental exposure controls: Avoid release to the environment.
- Other information: Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety procedures. Workers must be trained in the proper use and handling of this product as required under applicable regulations. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wash hands immediately after handling the product. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Stability and reactivity
- Reactivity: No dangerous reaction known under conditions of normal use.- Chemical stability: Stable under normal conditions.- Possibility of hazardous reactions: No dangerous reaction known under conditions of normal use.- Conditions to avoid: Extremes of temperature and direct sunlight. Direct heating, dirt, chemical contamination, sunlight, UV or ionising radiation. No flames, no sparks. Eliminate all sources of ignition. Do not expose to temperatures above 48.6 °C / 119.4 °F.- Incompatible material: Oxidizing agents, bases, acids, metals.- Hazardous decomposition products: toxic fumes, carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon monoxide.
- Product: Dispose of as hazardous waste in compliance with local and national regulations.- Contaminated packaging: Empty containers should be taken to an approved waste handling site for recycling or disposal.- Additional information: Flammable vapours may accumulate in the container.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again