Registration Dossier

Data platform availability banner - registered substances factsheets

Please be aware that this old REACH registration data factsheet is no longer maintained; it remains frozen as of 19th May 2023.

The new ECHA CHEM database has been released by ECHA, and it now contains all REACH registration data. There are more details on the transition of ECHA's published data to ECHA CHEM here.

Diss Factsheets

Environmental fate & pathways

Endpoint summary

Administrative data

Description of key information

The substance is abiotically stable under environmentally relevant conditions. This is a worst case assumption due to the lack of experimental and modelling data. The substance was tested for inherent biodegradability according to non-GLP OECD 302 C (key study). The results of the test show that the substance is not inherently biodegradable: A maximum of 31% was biologically degraded after 21 days of incubation. The log KOCvalue of the substance is > 5 (extrapolated 6.93, KOC = 851500) based on GLP OECD 121 testing (key study). This indicates that the substance is immobile according to FAO mobility classification, i.e., it does adsorb strongly to organic matters like STP microorganisms or soil, sediment or aquatic plants in the unlikely case that any substance passes waste water treatment. STP clearance model SimpleTreatTM(RIVM) shows that 98.1% of the substance is eliminated by industrial or waste water treatment. Remaining 1.9% are discharged to effluents. The CSA conducted for this substance shows that there is no risk for the environment, since Risk Characterization Ratios for all uses of this CSR are 0.04 or lower. Hence, based on currently available data and current assessment, every usage covered by the chemical safety assessment is safe, whatever environmental compartment is considered.

Additional information