Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 201-808-8
CAS number: 88-19-7
- General advice:
If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- Following inhalation:
Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- Following skin contact:
Wash with plenty of water and soap.
- Following eye contact:
Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- Following ingestion:
Excessive intake is very difficult due to its taste. If this occurs, drink plenty of water, and seek medical help.
- Most important symptoms and effects: None known.
- Suitable extinguishing media:
Pressurized water, Foam, Carbon dioxide (CO2), Dry powder.
- Unsuitable extinguishing media:
- Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture:
When the product burns it releases sulfurous and nitrous gases, CO and CO2.
- Advice for fire fighter: Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and suitable flame retardant suit is recommended.
- Personal precautions:
Ensure adequate ventilation. Use personal protective equipment.
- Protective equipment and emergency procedures:
wear protective goggles, gloves and dust mask.
- Environmental precautions:
Collect and send to the plant for reprocessing or incinerate according to section 13
- Methods and material for containment and cleaning up: Sweep or vacuum, avoiding the formation of dust, and wash with water. Send waste solids to treat.
- Precautions for safe handling:
Handle the substance under strictly controlled conditions according to Article 18(4) of REACH Regulation. Rigorous containment should be achieved.
- Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities: the product should be protected from humidity and possible external vectors or pests. It is recommended to store away from walls and above the ground.
- Technical protection measures: The substance is used under strictly controlled conditions during its whole lifecycle as described under Article 18 (4) and Section 2.1 of the Guidance for Intermediates. The substance should be rigorously contained by technical means during its whole lifecycle and procedural and control technologies should be in place in order to minimize emissions and any resulting exposure as described under Article 18(4). Personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used in cases of accidents and where waste is generated. The PPE may be also used as a good practice.
- Chemical stability
: stable under normal storage conditions
- Possibility of hazardous reactions
: no data
- Conditions to avoid
: generation of dust
- Incompatible materials
: Avoid contact with strongly oxidizing substances, strong acids and nitrites.
- Hazardous decomposition products: If it burns it can release sulfurous and nitrous gases, CO and CO2.
- Disposal of the product: It can be incinerated in an incineration plant using an afterburner and sulfur gas detector. Always respect any applicable regulations.
- Disposal of the container: Cardboard and plastic can be incinerated. The metal rings of the drums must be removed before incineration. Always respect any applicable regulations.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
På den här webbplatsen används kakor. Syftet är att optimera din upplevelse av den.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again