Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 227-873-2
CAS number: 6018-92-4
· General information: Immediately remove any clothing soiled by the product.
· After inhalation: Supply fresh air and to be sure call for a doctor. In case of unconsciousness place patient stably in the recovery position for transportation.
· After skin contact: Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly.
· After eye contact: Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water.
· After swallowing: If symptoms persist consult doctor.
· Suitable extinguishing agents:
CO2, powder or water spray. Fight larger fires with water spray or alcohol resistant foam.
· For safety reasons unsuitable extinguishing agents: Water with full jet
· Special hazards caused by the substance, its products of combustion or resulting gases:
Toxic metal oxide smoke
Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide
· Protective equipment:
Wear self-contained respiratory protective device.
Do not inhale explosion gases or combustion gases.
· Additional information
Collect contaminated fire fighting water separately. It must not enter the sewage system.
Dispose of fire debris and contaminated fire fighting water in accordance with official regulations.
· Person-related safety precautions:
Mount respiratory protective device.
Avoid formation of dust.
Wear protective clothing.
· Measures for environmental protection:
Do not allow product to reach sewage system or any water course.
Inform respective authorities in case of seepage into water course or sewage system.
Do not allow to enter sewers/ surface or ground water.
· Measures for cleaning/collecting:
Sweep the spill area; avoid raising dust.
Dispose contaminated material as waste according to subsection "disposal considerations".
Send for recovery or disposal in suitable receptacles.
Dispose of the material collected according to regulations.
· Additional information:
See subsection "handling and storage" for information on safe handling.
See subsection "exposure controls/personal protection" for information on personal protection equipment.
See subsection "disposal considerations" for disposal information.
In case of fire, nickel oxide, classified as carcinogenic, can be produced.
This substance is handled under Strictly Controlled Conditions in accordance with REACH regulation Article 17(3) for on-site isolated intermediates and, in case the substance is transported to other sites for further processing, the substance should be handled at these sites under the Strictly Controlled Conditions as specified in REACH regulation Article 18(4). Site documentation to support safe handling arrangements including the selection of engineering, administrative and personal protective equipment controls in accordance with risk-based management systems is available at each Manufacturing site.
Written confirmation of application of Strictly Controlled Conditions has been received from every affected Distributor and Downstream Manufacturer/User of the Registrant’s intermediate.
· Information for safe handling:
Guidances on safe use (operating instruction) should be adhered to.
Keep receptacles tightly sealed.
Only handle and refill product in closed systems.
Open and handle receptacle with care.
Use closeable conveyance devices.
Avoid formation of respirable particles.
Enclosure or extractor facilities are required.
Decant and handle the product in dust-proof units.
· Information about fire - and explosion protection: Keep respiratory protective device available.
· Requirements to be met by storerooms and receptacles:
Use only receptacles specifically permitted for this substance/product.
· Information about storage in one common storage facility:
Do not store together with acids.
Store away from foodstuffs.
· Further information about storage conditions:
Protect from contamination.
Keep container tightly sealed.
Open receptacle only under localized extractor facilities.
Store under lock and key and with access restricted to technical experts or their assistants only.
· Additional information about design of technical facilities: see subsection "handling and storage".
· Ingredients with limit values that require monitoring at the workplace:
The product does not contain any relevant quantities of materials with critical values that have to be
monitored at the workplace.
· Additional information: Based on lists valid at date of MSDS creation.
· Personal protective equipment:
· General protective and hygienic measures:
Keep away from foodstuffs, beverages and feed.
Immediately remove all soiled and contaminated clothing.
Wash hands before breaks and at the end of work.
Store protective clothing separately.
· Respiratory protection:
Self-contained respiratory protective device.
· Protection of hands:
Check the condition of the gloves prior to each use.
The glove material has to be impermeable and resistant to the product/ the substance/ the preparation.
Selection of the glove material on consideration of the penetration times, rates of diffusion and the degradation.
After use of gloves apply skin-cleaning agents and skin cosmetics.
Preventive skin protection by use of skin-protecting agents is recommended.
Wear gloves for protection against mechanical hazards according to EN 388.
Avoid direct contact with the chemical/ the product/ the preparation by organizational measures.
· Material of gloves
The selection of the suitable gloves does not only depend on the material, but also on further marks of quality and varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. As the product is a preparation of several substances, the resistance of the glove material can not be calculated in advance and has therefore to be checked prior to the application.
EN 388: Minimum requirements for efficiency level 1 for all groups.
Recommended thickness of the material: ≥ 0.35 mm
Butyl rubber, BR
Nitrile rubber, NBR
· Penetration time of glove material
EN 420: Minimum requirements for efficiency level 1 for all groups.
The exact break through time has to be obtained from the manufacturer of the protective gloves and has to be observed.
For the mixture of chemicals mentioned below the penetration time has to be at least 6 minutes (Permeation according to EN 374 Part 3: Level 480).
· Not suitable are gloves made of the following materials:
Strong material gloves
· Eye protection:
· Body protection:
Protective work clothing.
Decontamination of clothing and surfaces are covered under operating and emergency procedures.
· Thermal decomposition / conditions to be avoided:
No decomposition if used according to specifications.
· Materials to be avoided:
· Dangerous decomposition products:
· Recommendation: Must be specially treated adhering to official regulations.
· Waste disposal key:
The disposal of the product has to be carried out in accordance with the legal requirements. EWC waste codes are strictly industry-oriented, therefore waste classification has to be done by the waste producer.
· Uncleaned packaging: see operating instructions
Packagings that may not be cleansed are to be disposed of in the same manner as the product.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Questo sito web si avvale di cookie affinché possiate usufruire della migliore esperienza sui nostri siti web.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again