Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 268-074-9
CAS number: 68002-61-9
This substance is identified by SDA Substance Name: C16-C18 and C18 unsaturated alkyl trimethyl ammonium chloride and SDA Reporting Number: 11-045-00.
Immediate medical attention is required.
Move out of dangerous area.
Show this safety data sheet to the doctor in attendance.
If breathed in, move person into fresh air.
Consult a physician after significant exposure.
In case of skin contact:
Take off contaminated clothing and shoes immediately.
Rinse immediately with plenty of water.
Immediate medical treatment is necessary as untreated wounds from corrosion of the skin heal slowly and with difficulty.
In case of eye contact:
Rinse with plenty of water.
Get medical attention immediately. Continue to rinse during transport.
Remove contact lenses.
Protect unharmed eye.
Keep eye wide open while rinsing.
Small amounts splashed into eyes can cause irreversible tissue damage and blindness.
Clean mouth with water and drink afterwards plenty of water.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Take victim immediately to hospital.
Do not induce vomiting! May cause chemical burns in mouth and throat.
4.2 Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed
The symptoms and effects are as expected from the hazards as shown in section 2. No specific product related symptoms are known.
Harmful if swallowed.
Causes serious eye damage.
May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
Causes severe burns.
4.3 Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed
- Suitable extinguishing media: Alcohol-resistant foam; Carbon dioxide (CO2); Dry chemical
Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture
- Specific hazards during firefighting / Specific hazards arising from the chemical: Water spray may be ineffective unless used by experienced firefighters; Do not allow run-off from fire fighting to enter drains or water courses.
- Combustion products: Carbon oxides; Nitrogen oxides (NOx); Halogenated compounds; Hydrogen chloride
Advice for firefighters
- Special protective equipment for firefighters: In the event of fire, wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Use water spray to cool unopened containers.
- Collect contaminated fire extinguishing water separately. This must not be discharged into drains.
- Fire residues and contaminated fire extinguishing water must be disposed of in accordance with local regulations.
-For safety reasons in case of fire, cans should be stored separately in closed containments.
- Use personal protective equipment.
- Wear respiratory protection.
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Remove all sources of ignition.
- Beware of vapours accumulating to form explosive concentrations. Vapours can accumulate in low areas.
Emergency measures on accidental release:
- Evacuate personnel to safe areas.
- Only qualified personnel equipped with suitable protective equipment may intervene.
- Prevent unauthorised persons entering the zone.
- Prevent product from entering drains.
- Discharge into the environment must be avoided.
Methods for cleaning up / Methods for containment:
- Contain spillage, and then collect with non-combustible absorbent material, (e.g. sand, earth, diatomaceous earth, vermiculite) and place in container for disposal according to local / national regulations
Precautions for safe handling
Advice on safe handling:
- For personal protection, see the specific section.
- Avoid formation of aerosol.
- Do not breathe vapours or spray mist.
- Smoking, eating and drinking should be prohibited in the application area.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Container may be opened only under exhaust ventilation hood.
- Open drum carefully as content may be under pressure.
- Dispose of rinse water in accordance with local and national regulations.
Advice on protection against fire and explosion:
- Keep away from sources of ignition - No smoking.
- No sparking tools should be used.
- Take measures to prevent the build up of electrostatic charge.
Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
- Requirements for storage areas and containers: No smoking; Store in cool place.
Electrical installations / working materials must comply with the technological safety standards.
- Other data: No decomposition if stored and applied as directed.
Effective exhaust ventilation system
Ensure that eyewash stations and safety showers are close to the workstation location.
Personal protective equipment:
Wear full face mask supplied with:Combination filter: ABEKP.
In the case of vapour or aerosol formation use a respirator with an approved filter.
Tightly fitting safety goggles
Wear face-shield and protective suit for abnormal processing problems.
Skin and body protection:
Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.
When using do not eat or drink.
When using do not smoke.
Wash hands before breaks and at the end of workday.
Environmental exposure controls
Prevent product from entering drains.
Discharge into the environment must be avoided.
- Reactivity: Stable under normal conditions.
- Chemical stability: Stable under recommended storage conditions.
- Possibility of hazardous reactions: No dangerous reaction known under conditions of normal use.
- Conditions to avoid: Heat, flames and sparks.
- Incompatible materials or Materials to avoid: None known.
- Hazardous decomposition products: Halogenated compounds; Hydrogen chloride;
- Thermal decomposition: > 140 °C
- The product should not be allowed to enter drains, water courses or the soil.
- Do not contaminate ponds, waterways or ditches with chemical or used container.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulation.
- Empty remaining contents.
- Dispose of as unused product.
- Do not burn, or use a cutting torch on, the empty drum.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Šajā tīmekļa vietnē tiek izmantoti sīkfaili, lai nodrošinātu Jums vislabāko lietojumu mūsu tīmekļa vietnēs.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again