Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 200-262-8 | CAS number: 56-23-5
Effects of CTC in rainbow trout after water exposure and by intraperitoneal injection were analyzed. The fish, after a period of acclimatization (at least 1 week), were exposed to radiolabeled CTC by exposure water or directly by i.p. administration. A control group was used for both administration routes.
Fish administrated intraperitoneally were sacrificed after 6 h and blood, tissue and serum samples were assayed. The fish were also subjected to histological examination (liver, spleen). I.p. injection produced 5 -10 fold increases in serum GOT, GPT and ICD activities, without elevating liver triglyceride concentrations.Vacuolization, focal and laminar necrosis were observed in liver.
The spleen displayed severe laminar necrosis of the splenic capsule and parenchyma.
CTC administrated intraperitoneally resulted in much higher liver concentrations at all time periods, compared to water exposure groups.
Fish exposed to water with radiolabeled CTC (1 -80 mg/L ) were transferred to fresh flowing dechlorinated water after 2 hr exposure period. Approximately 22% of the radioactivity removed from the exposure water was accounted for in the fish (whole body). The remaining 78% presumably was lost to the atmosphere (static system with continuous areation). Uptake by water exposure was rapid and levels reached a plateau in liver, muscles, and blood at 15 to 30 min, but increased further in fat, suggesting
a redistribution to the adipose tissue. After 2 h of exposure, 14C-levels were highest in fat followed by liver and brain, and lowest in skin and gill. Half-lives for elimination were about 2-4 h except for live(39 h) and rates followed first-order kinetics.
Exposure up to 80 mg/L produced neither mortality nor significant changes in enzymatic activities.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Close Do not show this message again