Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 215-202-6
CAS number: 1313-13-9
- Inhalation: Remove from exposure and allow to rest in fresh air. If breathing is difficult provide oxygen. If the victim is not breathing give artificial respiration. Seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
- Ingestion: Provided that the victim is conscious rinse mouth with water and give water or milk to drink. Do not induce vomiting. Seek medical advice.
- Eye contact: Irrigate with water or isotonic saline solution for 15 minutes. Use large amounts of water occasionally lifting upper and lower lids. Seek medical adviceif symptoms persist.
- Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with soap and water.
Although the material is not flammable it may assist a fire. Keep away from other combustible materials. Keep away unprotected personnel.
- Suitable extinguishing media: Fire-extinguishing activities according to surrounding.
- Advice for firefighters: Use special protective equipment for fire-fighters
Use breathing apparatus with independent air supply.
Wear full protective clothing.
Do not inhale explosion and/or combustion gases.
- Additional information
Cool endangered containers with water spray jet.
Keep people away and stay on the upwind side.
Fire residues and contaminated firefighting water must be disposed of in accordance with the local regulations.
- Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures
Ensure adequate ventilation.
Avoid dust formation.
Use personal protective clothing.
- Environmental precautions
Collect contaminated water / firefighting water separately.
Do not discharge into the drains/surface waters/groundwater.
- Methods and material for containment and cleaning up
Take up dry.
Send in suitable containers for recovery or disposal.
- Additional Information
Large spills: contact emergency authorities.
> Precautions for safe handling
- Advice on safe handling
Avoid the formation and deposition of dust.
Care for suitable extraction / ventilation at processing machines.
Transfer and handle product in dust-proof plants.
Suitable industrial vacuum cleaners or central extraction equipment must be used for taking up dust.
- Advice on protection against fire and explosion
Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
In case of special conditions product may dust-explode.
Avoid sedimentation of dust.
Avoid formation of dust.
> Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
- Requirements for storage rooms and vessels
Ventilate store-rooms thoroughly.
Keep only in original container.
- Advice on storage compatibility
Do not store with acids, alkalies or combustible materials.
Do not store with oxidizing agents.
Do not store together with food.
- Further information on storage conditions
Keep container tightly closed, store at cool and aired place, open and handle carefully.
Store in a dry place.
- Storage group: 10/13
- Fire class: A
> Personal protection
- Exposure controls
In case of dust formation wear micro dust mask (FFP3)
- Hand protection
Gloves made of nitril rubber (NBR).
Recommended protection glove type: KCL 741 Dermatril L (splash and full contact; Thickness: 0,11 mm; Break-through time: > 480 min).
- Eye protection
Safety goggles with side protection
- Skin protection
Light protective clothing, thick material
- General protective measures
Avoid contact with eyes and skin
Do not inhale dust.
- Hygiene measures
Clean skin thoroughly after working.
Wash hands thoroughly after handling (P264).
Do no eat, drink or smoke when using this product. (P270).
Wash soiled clothing immediately.
> Environmental protection
- Limitation and surveillance of the environment
Reactions with combustible substances.
Reactions with acids.
> Chemical stability
Contact with acids releases toxic gas.
Possibility of hazardous reactions
Risk of explosion in case of contact with organic and oxidable substances.
> Conditions to avoid
Contact with acids liberates toxic gases.
> Incompatible materials
- Materials to avoid
Reactions with hydrochloric acid with formation of chlorine.
> Hazardous decomposition products
No hazardous decomposition products known.
> Waste treatment methods
Waste code No.: 06 03 15*
Name of waste: metallic oxides containing heavy metals
* Wastes marked with an asterisk are considered to be hazardous waste pursuant to Directive 91/689/EEC on hazardous waste.
> Recommendations for the product
Dispose of contents/container according to local national regulations (P501).
In accordance with regulations for special waste, must be taken, after pretreatment, to an authorised special waste disposal site.
> Recommendations for packaging
Packaging that cannot be cleaned should be disposed of like the product.
Disposal according to 91/692/EEC.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again