Registration Dossier

Data platform availability banner - registered substances factsheets

Please be aware that this old REACH registration data factsheet is no longer maintained; it remains frozen as of 19th May 2023.

The new ECHA CHEM database has been released by ECHA, and it now contains all REACH registration data. There are more details on the transition of ECHA's published data to ECHA CHEM here.

Diss Factsheets

Physical & Chemical properties

Particle size distribution (Granulometry)

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

Link to relevant study record(s)

Description of key information

Typical granulometry of (EDTMP-xCa yNa) commercial products are characterized by a Mean particle size of ca. 620 micron for a granule product form and ca. 145 micron for a powder grade, with practically no fines below  75 micron (granules) or below  45 micron (powder).

Additional information

Typical granulometry of (EDTMP-xCa yNa) commercial products have been determined via a classical sieve test.

The granule grade exhibits a Mean particle size of ca. 620 microns with most of its particles (99% w/w) bigger than 180 microns and the remaining 1% w/w of particles with a size between 75 and 180 microns. This means that practically no fine particles below 75 micron sizes have been observed.

The powder grade is characterized by a lower Mean Particle Size at ca. 145 microns and also a lower fraction of particles bigger than 180 microns (ca. 16.4% w/w). Most of the substance is under the form of particles sized between 45 and 180 microns (ca. 83.6% w/w), with practically no finer particles than 45 microns.

Hence, the proportion of test item having an inhalable particle size <75 µm using the sieve method for the granule grade is = < 04% w/w and  = < 10.4% w/w for the powder grade and the proportion of test item having a respirable particle size <45 µm or less is not detected for both grades;

This confirms it is unlikely to find a significant amount of very fines particles below 10 micron.

Moreover, 2 different grades are offered and when the handling conditions/applications are more critical in terms of industrial hygiene, the granule grade offers the best alternative to limit dust production.