Registration Dossier

Data platform availability banner - registered substances factsheets

Please be aware that this old REACH registration data factsheet is no longer maintained; it remains frozen as of 19th May 2023.

The new ECHA CHEM database has been released by ECHA, and it now contains all REACH registration data. There are more details on the transition of ECHA's published data to ECHA CHEM here.

Diss Factsheets

Physical & Chemical properties

Particle size distribution (Granulometry)

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

Link to relevant study record(s)

Description of key information

99.45% of the particles in the sample have a particle size > 100 µm. The remaining 0.55% has a particle size in the inhalable region, i.e. 10-100 µm. No respirable or thoracic particles are present.

Additional information

The particle size distribution of a sample of L-leucine was assessed using a combination of a sieving and a SEM experiment.

In the sieving experiment, 97.83% of the mass was found to have a particle size > 100 µm.

The sieve fraction < 100 µm was subsequently subjected to SEM analysis and the mass fraction was calculated based on the cubical volume method. 74.58% of the particles in this fraction showed a mean particle size > 100 µm when calculated via this method. The aspect ratio for these particles is > 1, i.e. the particles are long and thin, allowing them to pass through the sieve.