Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 231-587-3
CAS number: 7646-69-7
In case of skin contact: can be irritant for the skin.
Wash with compatible substances and soap (water-reactive!).
In case of eyes contact: can be irritant for the eye.
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with compatible substances (water-reactive) and seek medical advice.
In case of Ingestion:
Do not under any circumstances induce vomiting. OBTAIN A MEDICAL EXAMINATION IMMEDIATELY.
In case of Inhalation:
Remove casualty to fresh air and keep warm and at rest.
- Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed: none known to date.
- Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed: none known to date.
- Suitable extinguishing media: in case of fire, use foam, extinguishing powder - Never use water!
Extinguishing media which must not be used for safety reasons: water.
- Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture
Do not inhale explosion and combustion gases.
Burning produces heavy smoke.
- Advice for fire-fighters
Use suitable breathing apparatus .
Collect contaminated fire extinguishing water separately. This must not be discharged into drains.
Move undamaged containers from immediate hazard area if it can be done safely.
- Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures
Wear personal protection equipment.
Remove persons to safety.
- Environmental precautions
Do not allow to enter into soil/subsoil. Do not allow to enter into surface water or drains.
Retain contaminated washing water and dispose it.
In case of gas escape or of entry into waterways, soil or drains, inform the responsible authorities.
Suitable material for taking up: absorbing material, organic, sand.
- Methods and material for containment and cleaning up (never use water!)
Wash with compatible material (never use water!)
- Precautions for safe handling:
Avoid contact with skin and eyes, inhalation of powder.
Don't use empty container before they have been cleaned (do not use water!).
Before making transfer operations, assure that there aren't any incompatible material residuals in the containers (water).
Contamined clothing should be changed before entering eating areas.
Do not eat or drink while working.
- Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities:
Always keep the containers tightly closed.
Keep this product in a dry place. Reacts strongly with water or moist air.
Keep away from food, drink and feed.
- Incompatible materials:
Keep away from water or from damp surroundings.
Never use water!
- Instructions as regards storage premises:
Cool and adequately ventilated.
Eye protection: safety glasses with side protection for chemicals (EN166).
Protection for skin: use clothing that provides a full protection to the skin.
Protection for hands: use protective gloves according to EN 374 standards, on the base of the intended use (penetration and permeation).
The choice of gloves must be according to the period of intended use.
Replace gloves immediately in case of degradation.
Respiratory protection: provide an adequate ventilation. It must be ensured a good ventilation and good general ventilation exchange system.
Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards.
Thermal Hazards: none
- Reactivity: stable under normal conditions. It reacts strongly with water.
- Chemical stability: stable under normal conditions. It reacts strongly with water.
- Possibility of hazardous reactions: reacts strongly with water.
- Conditions to avoid: reacts strongly with water. Keep away from water or moist air.
- Incompatible materials: avoid all contact with water or with moist air.
Avoid contact with combustible materials. The product could catch fire.
- Hazardous decomposition products: none.
Recover, if possible. Send to authorised disposal plants or for incineration under controlled conditions. In so doing, comply with the local and national regulations currently in force.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again