Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 629-615-8
CAS number: 1575-37-7
General information : Get medical aid.
First aid measures :
- Inhalation : Assure fresh air breathing. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Skin contact : Wash skin thoroughly with mild soap and water. Immediately transport the victim to the hospital.
- Eye contact : Rinse immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 min. Occasionally lift up the upper and lower eyelids.
- Ingestion : If swallowed, rinse mouth with water (only if the person is conscious).
Extinguishing media : Alcohol-resistant foam, dry powder, carbon dioxide, water spray.
Special hazrads arising from the substance: nitrogen oxides, hydrogen bromide gas, dioxide oxides.
Protection against fire : If necessary, use an autonomous respiratory protection for the fire control.
Personal precautions : Use proper personal protective equipment as indicated in Section Exposure controls and personal precaution. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Avoid inhalation. Ensure adequate ventilation. Evacuate personnel to safe places.
Environmental precautions : Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Do not let product enter drains. Discharge into the environment must be avoided.
Clean up methods : Collect and evacuate without creating dust. Keep in suitable and closed containers for disposal.
Storage : Store in tightly closed containers. Store in dry, cool, well-ventilated area.
Handling : Avoid any contact with skin and eyes. Avoid formation of dust and aerosols. Provide adequate ventilation where dust is formed. Normal measures for preventive fire protection.
This substance is handled under strictly controlled conditions in accordance with Reach regulation Article 18(4) for transported isolated intermediate. Site documentation to support safe handling arrangements including the selection of engineering, administrative and personal protective equipment controls in accordance with risk-based management system is available at each site. Written confirmation of application of strictly controlled conditions has been received from every downstream user of the intermediate.
Industrial hygiene : Use adequate ventilation to keep airbone concentrations low . Emergency eye wash fountains and safety showers should be available in the immediate vicinity of any potential exposure.
Personal protection :
- Respiratory protection : When risk assessment shows that the use of breathing apparatus is appropriate, use a dust mask type N99 (US) or type P2 (EN 143). If the mask is the only protection, use a self-contained breathing apparatus with full face shield. Use equipment and components tested and approved by NIOSH (US) and CEN (EU).
- Hand protection : Manipulate with gloves. Gloves have to be controlled before the use. Use a technique of withdrawal suited to avoid that the skin contacts the product (i.e. without touching the outside of the glove). Throw contamnated gloves after the use according to the current laws and to the good practices of laboratory. Wash and dry hands. The selected gloves have to satisfy the specifications of the EU Directive 89/686/EEC and in the standard IN 374 which derives from it.
- Skin protection : Combination of protection against chemicals. The type of equipment of protection must be selected according to the concentration and to the quantity of the dangerous substance at work.
- Eye protection : Facial protection and safety goggles. Use an equipment of protection of eyes tested and approved according to the current governmental standards, such as NIOSH (US) or IN 166 (EU).
Materials to avoid : strong oxidizing agents.
Conditions to avoid : incompatible materials.
Dispose in a safe manner in accordance with local / national regulations.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid, et tagada lehe parim kasutus.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again