We have just carried out a challenging software upgrade on our websites, to enable future developments and increase security.
You might experience some issues, like features not correctly working or content temporarily missing.
We are doing our best to solve such pending issues. We apologise for any inconvenience that you might experience.
- The European Commission has revised certain information requirements for registering chemicals under REACH. The changes will start to apply in early 2022 and companies need to start preparing. ECHA will publish more advice in late 2021.
- ECHA and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) have received a draft assessment of glyphosate carried out by four EU Member States and will now begin to consider the findings. Glyphosate – the most widely used herbicide in the world – is currently authorised for use in the EU until December 2022.
ECHA has received over 1 000 notifications from industrial sites using chromium trioxide in chrome plating and surface treatment in the EU. This follows two European Commission decisions in December 2020 granting authorisation to use the chemical until September 2024. Enforcement authorities can now carry out inspections as necessary.
Consultations on SEAC draft opinion:
- Start date: 07/07/2021
- Deadline: 07/09/2021
- Start date: 24/03/2021
- Deadline: 24/09/2021
- Start date: 23/06/2021
- Deadline: 03/01/2022
- Testing proposals
- Start date: 01/07/2021
- Deadline: 16/08/2021
- Potential candidates for substitution
- Start date: 08/07/2021
- Deadline: 06/09/2021
- Occupational exposure limits
Call for comments and evidence:
- Start date: 05/07/2021
- Deadline: 03/09/2021
POPsThere are currently no ongoing consultations.
- BPR Guidance Volume III Human Health, Part A sent for PEG consultation
- What is SCIP? What should be done?