In the latest project of ECHA’s Enforcement Forum, enforcement authorities found that most inspected products sold online were non-compliant with at least one requirement under relevant EU chemicals legislation being checked. The inspections resulted in more than 5 000 enforcement actions.
The Committees for Risk Assessment and Socio-Economic Analysis support Germany’s proposal to restrict the use of undecafluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA) and related substances. The potential restriction is expected to reduce further environmental and human exposure to these chemicals resulting mainly from uses in food contact materials, textiles and fire-fighting foams.
The first assessments cover over 450 substances in 19 groups. For 18 of these groups, regulatory risk management measures or further data are needed. ECHA and Member States have been assessing the regulatory needs of groups of substances in an effort to speed up regulatory action on chemicals of concern, protecting people and the environment, and avoiding regrettable substitution. Check if your substances have been assessed.
- Exports of hazardous chemicals increase while imports continue to decrease
- Highlights from December BPC meeting
- Glyphosate consultations: over 400 submissions collected
- Highlights from November Enforcement Forum meeting
- Report: Causal impacts of REACH authorisation on the use of substances of very high concern
- Calls for comments and evidence
- Start date: 08/12/2021
- Deadline: 26/01/2022
- Start date: 22/09/2021
- Deadline: 22/03/2022
- Start date: 22/12/2021
- Deadline: 22/06/2022
- Testing proposals
- Start date: 21/12/2021
- Deadline: 04/02/2022
- Harmonised classification and labelling
- Start date: 08/11/2021
- Deadline: 21/01/2022
- Start date: 29/11/2021
- Deadline: 28/01/2022
- Start date: 13/12/2021
- Deadline: 11/02/2022
- Harmonised classification and labelling targeted consultations
- Start date: 10/12/2021
- Deadline: 18/01/2022
- Other calls for comments and evidence
Other calls for comments and evidence:
- Start date: 24/11/2021
- Deadline: 31/01/2022
CAD/CMDThere are currently no ongoing consultations.
POPsThere are currently no ongoing consultations.
- What is SCIP? What should be done?