10th Stakeholders' Day
10th Stakeholders' Day
The European Chemicals Agency organised its 10th Stakeholders' Day on 27 May 2015 in ECHA's Conference Centre in Helsinki.
The conference offered participants the chance to hear the latest news and updates from ECHA, European industry associations and NGOs. The event took place in conjunction with the annual Helsinki Chemicals Forum taking place from 28 to 29 May.
SESSION 1 – REACH 2018
- Opening – Jukka MALM, Deputy Executive Director, ECHA
- Road to REACH 2018 - how ECHA can support your registration – Christel MUSSET, Director of Registration, ECHA
- Substance Identity: the critical component of both lead and co-registration dossiers – Stuart NIVEN, Harlan Laboratories Ltd.
- Bridges and barriers to meeting your information requirements – René HUNZIKER, The Dow Chemical Company
- Collection and communication of uses: best practice from a formulator's perspective – Laura PORTUGAL, Downstream Users of Chemicals Coordination Group (DUCC)
- Effective SIEF management: a view from industry – Douglas LEECH, Chemical Business Association UK
SESSION 2 – Improving dossier quality
- New compliance check strategy – what changes and how you can prepare – Leena YLÄ-MONONEN, Director of Evaluation, ECHA
- Substance evaluation: what to do – or not to do – Jan WIJMENGA, Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment, Netherlands
- Beyond registration: a lead registrant's perspective on the evaluation process – Martin KAYSER, BASF SE
- Preparing your appeal: what you need to consider – Sari HAUKKA, Board of Appeal, ECHA
SESSION 3 – Risk management
- Risk management: get ready – Jack DE BRUIJN, Director of Risk Management, ECHA
- Avoiding 5 key pitfalls to ensure a successful authorisation application – Hugo WAETERSCHOOT, Eurometaux
- Getting your voice heard in the Scientific Committees – Tim BOWMER, Risk Assessment Committee, ECHA
- The importance of third party contributions through public consultations – Frida HÖK, International Chemical Secretariat
- Closing remarks - Jukka MALM, Deputy Executive Director, ECHA
As in previous years, ECHA offered participants from industry the possibility to book one-to-one sessions with the Agency's scientific experts to discuss specific topics and to receive advice and guidance for key processes relevant to the implementation of the European chemicals legislation.
A total of 61 sessions took place during the day.
The language of the meeting is English.
The Stakeholders' Day is open to all but it is particularly relevant for those involved in REACH and CLP, industry associations, companies, public bodies, NGOs, third country representatives and the media.
To find out about what is going on in Helsinki, eating, nightlife, sightseeing and other cultural events visit: