National Inspectorates - Malta
The Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority (MCCAA) is the legal entity responsible for REACH. It is divided into the Competent Authority which has a regulatory function and the Market Surveillance Directorate which has an enforcement function covering the placing on the market of all non-food products. Currently the Market Surveillance Directorate is made up of a Director, three Scientific Officers, an engineering officer and three Inspection Officers. REACH is one of the regulations that the Market Surveillance Directorate enforces.
Authorities responsible for REACH enforcement
- Malta Standards Authority
- Regulatory Affairs Directorate - REACH Competent Authority for Malta
- Market Surveillance Directorate - Responsible for the overall enforcement of the REACH Regulati
- Department of Customs - Responsible for the enforcement of REACH in relation to goods at the country's borders
- Malta Environment and Planning Authority - Responsible for the enforcement of REACH from the environmental perspective
Authority responsible for CLP enforcement
Authorities responsible for Biocides enforcement
Please find here a description regarding the placing on the market of biocidal products in Malta.