Practical examples – REACH registration
These examples, case studies and scenarios illustrate situations you may face when preparing your REACH registration. As simplified presentations, they complement the practical advice given through the REACH 2018 web pages.
These documents focus on planning your registration and on substance identification.
- How to plan your registration [PDF]
- Checklist to hire a good consultant [PDF] [EN]
- Form on the manufacturing process of UVCB substances [PDF] [Word]
- How to identify a substance on the borderline of a mono- and multi-constituent [PDF]
- How to identify a substance produced in different qualities [PDF]
- How to identify a substance that consists of a ‘mixture of isomers’ [PDF]
- How to identify a substance that includes a stabilising solvent [PDF]
Under REACH, the costs of data must be shared in a fair, transparent and non-discriminatory way. These documents will guide you on this.
These examples are based on real situations, and illustrate some recommended steps to gather the information you need to register a substance. They will help you assess the hazards and risks of your chemicals.
The examples should be read together with the advice given in the Practical guide for SME managers and REACH coordinators.
- Steps to gather information for low tonnage substances [PDF]
- How to gather information to register an inorganic mono-constituent substance (including the chemical safety assessment) [PDF]
- How to gather information to register a multi-constituent or a UVCB substance - toxicological information [PDF]
- How to decide whether a substance is a polymer or not and how to proceed with the relevant registration [PDF]
- Examples with the OECD QSAR Toolbox
- Use maps library
For registrations between 1 to 10 tonnes per year
For registrations between 10 to 100 tonnes per year
These video tutorials highlight different aspects in preparing your technical dossier with IUCLID. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can also benefit from using IUCLID online, in the cloud. A simple member registration can be done directly in REACH-IT.
- How to install IUCLID 6 desktop [EN]
- How to run the Validation Assistant in IUCLID 6 [EN]
- How to update to the latest IUCLID 6 version using the updater [EN]
- How to backup and restore IUCLID 6 [EN]
- How to exchange data between different versions of IUCLID 6 [EN]
- How to access ECHA Cloud and subscribe to the IUCLID Cloud Services
- How to manage users and their access rights for the IUCLID Cloud Services
- How to add a consultant to help you in the IUCLID Cloud