Mutual recognition in sequence
If you have a national authorisation for a biocidal product or product family in one Member State (reference Member State) and you wish to make that product available on the market of another Member State (concerned Member State), you can apply for mutual recognition in sequence. A separate application is needed for each concerned Member State.
Please refer to ECHA's Biocidal Products Regulation pages and to the legislation for more information on the process.
Preparing an application
- Refer to the supporting documents table for submission requirements. Use the available document templates where appropriate.
- Include a translation of the national authorisation, granted by the reference Member State, at the end of the summary of biocidal product characteristics (SPC) document, as an annex in the SPC. You may check the requirements for the translation, and any other information needed, with the concerned Member State before submitting the application.
- All the necessary information will be submitted through R4BP 3. Follow the instructions in the Biocides Submission Manuals: BSM 2 ‘Using R4BP 3 for biocide applications'; BSM 4 ‘Biocidal Products - Part A. Initial Submissions' and the ‘Guidance on information requirements'.
Submission through R4BP 3
- Sign up for REACH-IT and enter your company information manually. Refer to BSM 2 ‘Using R4BP 3 for biocides applications'.
- Log into R4BP 3 with your User ID and password defined in REACH-IT. Refer to BSM 4 ‘Biocidal Products - Part A. Initial Submissions' for instructions. Under the ‘NEW APPLICATION' tab, select 'Mutual recognition in sequence‘. The submission wizard will guide you through the submission process. You can also launch this process from the ‘ASSETS' tab.
If your asset is not visible in R4BP 3 it may be that the relevant national authorisation has not yet been migrated from R4BP 2 to R4BP 3. In this case, please refer to the ‘Migration' Q&A section on the ECHA website or contact the ECHA helpdesk for further advice on how to proceed with your application.
Follow up in R4BP 3
Check your messages and tasks in R4BP 3 regularly. You will find various types of messages under the ‘MESSAGES' tab in R4BP 3, e.g.:
- Result of the format check.
- Notifications of invoices with a 30-day deadline that need to be met. See BSM5 'Invoicing in R4BP 3'.
- Result of the acceptance step.
You may also receive authority requests for more information through R4BP 3 with a deadline. The requests will appear under TASKS. If you fail to meet the deadline, your application may be rejected, depending on the processing step.