Currently there are no open vacancies
Short term exchange programme
SEP/ECHA/2019/01- Toxicology, ecotoxicology, risk assessment and risk management
Call for expression of interest:
- Reference and type of exchange: SEP/ECHA/2019/01- request for expertise.
- Recruiting Agency/Directorate/Unit: ECHA - Prioritisation and Integration Directorate – Prioritisation Unit.
- Address and contact person: jobs[at]echa.europa.eu.
- Profile: Scientific Officer.
- Background (education and expertise): Toxicology, ecotoxicology, risk assessment and risk management.
- Experience required in (professional experience and years of experience in the field):
- Implementation of the food contact material regulation or chemicals assessment and management related parts of other EU legislation;
- Chemicals risk assessment or management at EU or national level or data mining and analysis;
- Length: 2 months.
- Period of assignment: Q4/ 2019.
- Overall assignment objective: The main aim of this exchange programme is for ECHA to get a better understanding on how the food contact materials (FCM) legislation functions in practice. This will support the relevant teams in ECHA to better understand on how REACH/CLP data could be used for identifying and prioritising substances of concern in different materials and for defining the relevant safe use levels(under the FCM regulation) or needs for other regulatory actions.
- Contribute to the identification and prioritisation of (groups of) substances;
- Contribute to analysing which are the most appropriate regulatory actions to address concerns on (groups of) substances;
- Contribute to achieving better understanding of ECHA’s staff on the functioning of the FCM legislation.
- Apply by: 21 September 2019 at 12.00 noon Helsinki time (11:00 CET), by submitting the application form below in the "Related" section to the HR Unit of the Agency you are employed by.
- Possibility to telework: up to 20% of the assignment duration could be fulfilled at the premises of the sending Agency.
Description of the process:
>>Call for Expression of interest
>> HR review and sending to requesting agency
>> Assessment of applications received by requesting agency
>> Online interview by requesting agency
>> Exchange of letters/agreement between the two agencies
>> Start of Exchange
>> Feedback from staff and agencies HR upon finalisation of Exchange
Other work opportunities
ECHA may sometimes require additional temporary staff who will be hired through our contract with temporary work agencies based in Finland.
The temporary work agencies included in the framework contract in cascade are ManpowerGroup Oy, Adecco Oy and Opteam Oy. ECHA will first request Manpower to provide the necessary interim staff and, if they cannot fulfil the request, then turn to Adecco and Opteam. Follow the vacancies announced on their websites and stay up to date on the available opportunities!
Those hired will work at ECHA’s premises but will be employed by the temporary work agency, not ECHA.