WFD - Waste Framework Directive
Articles containing substances of very high concern (SVHCs) on the Candidate List at a concentration above 0.1% weight by weight (w/w) placed on the EU market notified according to Article 9(1)(i) of the Waste Framework Directive 2008/98/EC
SCIP is the database for information on Substances of Concern In articles as such or in complex objects (Products) established under the Waste Framework Directive (2008/98/EC).
- - aims to ensure that the information about substances of very high concern (SVHCs) on the Candidate List is available throughout the whole life cycle of products and materials, including at the waste stage;
- - encourages substitution of these hazardous substances by safer alternatives in the production of articles; and
- - contributes to a better circular economy by helping waste operators ensure that such hazardous substances are not present in recycled materials.
Here you can find
- - articles containing a substance of very high concern (SVHC) included in the Candidate List in a concentration above 0.1% weight by weight (w/w) or
- - complex objects (products) incorporating such articles placed on the EU market.