Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 212-039-2 | CAS number: 753-73-1
In vitro Gene Mutation study in Bacteria
The key studies for this endpoint were chosen on the basis that they were conducted to the appropriate OECD guidelines. Both were well reported, used the required number of test strains, but did lose reliability by only having a purity of 72 % dimethyltin dichloride (remainder is monomethyltin trichloride). Both studies gave a negative result for genetic toxicity.
In conclusion, dimethyltin dichloride is considered not to induce genetic toxicity in bacterial cells.
In vitro Cytogenicity study in Mammalian Cells or In vitro Mouse Micronucleus test
The key study for this endpoint was conducted in accordance with an OECD guideline, was well reported, but lost reliability for only containing 74.2% dimethyltin dichloride, with the remainder being 25.8% monomethyltin trichloride. The test gave a positive result for genetic toxicity.
In vitro Gene Mutation, plus DNA damage and further in vivo studies
The key study for mammalian cell gene mutation was selected on the basis that is was a well reported study conducted to an OECD guideline. The test demonstrated that dimethyltin dichloride is not genetically toxic to mammalian cells.
The key study for DNA damage/repair was conducted in accordance with an OECD guideline, was well reported, but lost reliability for only containing 78.8% dimethyltin dichloride with the remainder being 21.5% monomethyltin trichloride. The test was in the form of an in vivo UDS assay. The test gave a negative result for genetic toxicity.
The results of all the other supporting studies were negative.
Dimethyltin dichloride gave overall negative results for genetic toxicity to the germ cell, mammalian cell and to DNA damage/repair. A positive result was seen in the in vitro chromosome aberration test while all in vivo tests were negative. In conclusion, there is insufficient evidence to classify dimethyltin dichloride for genetic toxicity.
In accordance with the criteria outlined in Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 (CLP) and Directive 67/548/EEC (DSD), the substance does not meet the criteria for classification for genotoxicity.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Close Do not show this message again