Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 232-235-1 | CAS number: 7790-98-9
Aquatic toxicity of perchlorate has been extensively reviewed. In the present dossier are presented the main studies available from registrant side. A more in depth analysis is also provided in the attached position paper which reviewed available literature and which allowed determination of a relevant PNEC aquatic for perchlorate.
· Short-term toxicity to freshwater fish: The median lethal concentration of Ammonium Perchlorate to Oncorhynchus mykiss was found to be >200 mg/L (>169.3 mg/L as perchlorate ion) under the test conditions.
· Long-term toxicity to freshwater fish: The NOEC-12 wk of Ammonium Perchlorate to Danio rerio was found to be 11.48 mg/L (9.7 mg/Las perchlorate ion) under the test conditions.
· Short-term toxicity to aquatic invertebrates: The toxic effect of Ammonium Perchlorate to Daphnia magna was assessed in the static dose-response test and it was concluded that the 48 hour EC50 value was >341 mg/L (288.6 mg/L as perchlorate ion).
· Long-term toxicity to aquatic invertebrates: The NOEC-6d of Ammonium Perchlorate to Ceriodaphnia dubia was assessed in the semi-static dose-response test and it was concluded that the NOEC-7d value was 12 mg/L (10.2 mg/L as perchlorate ion).
· Toxicity to aquatic algae and cyanobacteria: The growth inhibition study of freshwater algae Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata found that the EC10 of Ammonium Perchlorate was 42.2 mg/L (35.7 mg/L as perchlorate ion). The EC50 of Ammonium Perchlorate was > 505 mg/L (427.4 mg/L as perchklorate ion) based on average specific growth rate and 245.6 mg/L based on yield (207.9 as perchlorate ion).
Toxicity to amphibians: The NOEC of the perchlorate ion (geometric mean of the results of 3 laboratories for which iodide concentration data were relevant and reported) for growth and development was calculated to be 215 µg/L.
· Toxicity to microorganisms (sludge inhibition test): At the highest concentration tested (1 g/L) ammonium perchlorate did not inhibit sludges respiration after 30 minutes of exposure. The 3-hour EC50 of the test item Perchlorate d’ammonium for activated sludge respiration inhibition was > 1000 mg/L. The highest test item concentration without significant effect on the respiration was >= 1000 mg/L 846.4 mg/L as perchlorate ion).
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Close Do not show this message again