Prepare your registration as a IUCLID dossier
After you discuss and exchange data within the SIEF, the lead registrant and each member should have all the relevant information available to create their registration dossiers. The registration dossier is created using the IUCLID software, which is available free-of-charge, on the IUCLID website.
If you are a lead registrant
Your registration dossier is prepared with IUCLID and includes the information that all co-registrants must submit jointly, such as the classification and labelling of the substance and (robust) study summaries, if applicable. In addition, as a lead registrant, you also add your own company-specific registration information in the same dossier.
It is good practice that you share the common parts of the registration dataset with the other members of the joint submission in a IUCLID format.
The lead dossier must be submitted before the members can send their own dossiers to ECHA. Therefore, you are strongly advised to prepare your registration dossier well before the deadline, so that your co-registrants have enough time to meet the deadline as well.
If you are a member registrant
Your IUCLID dossier includes information specific to your company and your substance. This covers, for example, information about the identity of your substance (composition, analytical data), the identified uses and the estimated volumes of manufacture or import.
If you choose not to participate in the joint submission for some information requirements, you need to include your own data for that requirement in your dossier, together with an appropriate justification.
If you agree with all information submitted on your behalf by the lead registrant, you can create your member registration dossier directly in REACH-IT, without installing IUCLID. The dossier creation wizard in REACH-IT guides you through this process by showing you which data you need to provide.
Good to know
ECHA has developed supporting IT tools, embedded in IUCLID, to help you prepare your registration dossier:
- The Validation Assistant will show if your registration dossier is complete.
- The Dossier Quality Assistant (included in the Validation Assistant) will help detect potential inconsistencies in your registration dossier.
- The Report generator will help you create your chemical safety report (CSR).
- The Dissemination preview will show which parts of your registration will be published by ECHA, based on the legal requirements and your requests to keep certain information confidential.
- REACH 2018: Prepare your registration dossiers in IT format, 3 October 2016
- Special e-News, 3 October 2016
- New REACH-IT now available, 21 June 2016
- IUCLID 6 is available, 29 April 2016
- More information to be published from REACH registrations, 25 April 2016
- New generation of IT tools coming soon, 13 April 2016
- Information session on the new registration process, 4 November 2015
Practical examples & case studies
- Create your registration dossier, ECHA Newsletter 3/2016
- “Many companies will be able to prepare their registrations directly in REACH-IT" ECHA Newsletter 3/2016
- New generation of IT tools - what changes? ECHA Newsletter 1/2016
- Completeness check to enhance availability of information, ECHA Newsletter 4/2015
- Get ready for IUCLID 6, ECHA Newsletter 2/2015
- Get wise - use Chesar, ECHA Newsletter 2/2014