Are you affected by the deadline?
If you manufacture chemical substances or import them from outside the EU above one tonne per year, you may have registration obligations under REACH. Additionally, if you manufacture or import a product (mixture, article), it may contain substances that need to be registered individually.
If you have pre-registered substances that you manufacture or import from outside the EU above one tonne but not more than 100 tonnes per year and have not already registered them, the REACH registration deadline of 31 May 2018 concerns you.
Support to understand your tasks
The following pages help you to understand what you need to do and take you through the process step-by-step.
days before the deadline
- Contact your national REACH helpdesk or the ECHA helpdesk
- Contact ECHA's accredited stakeholder organisations for sector specific support
- REACH 2018 in your language
- Are you a small or medium-sized enterprise?
- Are you a non-EU company exporting chemicals to the EU?
- Are you an only representative?
- Are you using chemicals?
- Getting started with EU chemicals legislation
- REACH 2018 infographic [JPG]
- Presentation on REACH 2018[PPTX][EN]
Latest news on REACH 2018
- Webinar: Prepare you registration as a IUCLID dossier, 4 October 2016
- Assess your substance to show safe use, 19 July 2016
- Advice on skin and eye irritation testing helps reduce animal tests, 5 July 2016
- Registrants to use alternative test methods for skin sensitisation, 5 July 2016
- Guidance on environmental assessment for essential oils now available, 27 June 2016
- REACH annexes amended - registrants to use alternative test methods, 6 June 2016
- Missed our Stakeholders' Day? Watch the video and presentations, 25 May 2016
- Check which REACH guidance will still be updated, 23 May 2016
- New support for companies registering low tonnage, low risk chemicals, 18 May 2016
- ECHA's REACH 2018 Roadmap [PDF] [EN]
- Progress report [PDF] [EN]
- ECHA's strategy to support registrants in applying the Annex III criteria [PDF] [EN]
- REACH 2018 leaflet - Stay on the market - register your chemicals
- REACH 2018 leaflet for workers
- Leaflet: Do you export to the European Union? [PDF][EN]
- Registration statistics 2018 [PDF][EN]