- Vervanging door veiligere chemische stoffen
- Online training on analysis of alternatives
Online training on analysis of alternatives
Introductory training on analysis of alternatives to hazardous substances
- Focuses on the essential topics for assessment of alternatives to support informed substitution
- Is intended for a range of analysis of alternatives practitioners – both new and experienced – working in authorities, industry and NGO organisations
- Goes beyond thinking about analysis of alternatives in a legislative context – emphasises the utility of assessment of alternatives as part of chemicals management operations
- Draws from experience both in the EU and the U.S.
- Brings in knowledge of experienced practitioners to advance best practice considerations
- Connects the assessment with adoption/implementation needs, including links to research and innovation
- Introduction – Makes the case for informed “substitution thinking” and introduces the training | Video recording
- S1: Scoping the assessment | Video recording
- S2: Identifying and screening alternatives | Video recording
- S3: Hazard and exposure | Video recording
- S4: Cost and technical performance | Video recording
- S5: Making and implementing decisions | Video recording
Accessing the training
You can find video recordings of the training presentations above. Note that taking the online training, does offer additional benefits to the recordings, such as access to tests, quizzes, and a certificate of completion.
You can register your interest in the online training via this link. If your request is accepted, from the date of subscription, you will have two months to complete the full training. To allow other people to take the training, your subscription to the online training platform will be terminated once you have completed it or at the latest, two months after subscription.
In case of oversubscription, your request will be waitlisted and ECHA will contact you when a place is available.
For any question, please send a message to: substitution[a]echa.europa.eu
The online training on analysis of alternatives was created by the Lowell Center for Sustainable Production (UMass Lowell) on ECHA’s behalf for educational purposes only, and it does not replace independent professional judgment. ECHA accepts no responsibility and/or liability for any use and/or reliance made of the information and/or learnings received from the training.
A certificate of completion will be issued to parties that have successfully completed the online training. The certificate of completion merely indicates that a party has completed the online training; the online training is not recognised by any accreditation body.