- 10-11 December 2013 | Brussels REACH SMEs Workshop
Together with ECHA, the Commission organises a workshop in Brussels to offer an opportunity for SMEs to exchange and discuss with other REACH actors.
- 03 December 2013 | Helsinki Workshop on ECHA Dissemination Website: Substance Brief Profiles
The workshop aimed to discuss the type of information that should be included in a substance "brief profile", based on proposals prepared by ECHA.
- 21-22 November 2013 | Brussels Fifth meeting of the ECHA-Stakeholder Exchange Network on Exposure Scenarios (ENES 5)
The European Chemicals Agency together with Cefic, Eurometaux, CONCAWE, Fecc and AISE on behalf of DUCC are coordinating the next meeting of ENES.
- 13-14 November 2013 | Helsinki Training on the EU chemicals legislation: Why is it the business of non-chemical companies?
Training for the Enterprise Europe Network was organised in November 2013 as part of ECHA's long term effort to identify the best ways to reach SMEs, make them aware of their obligations and support them in their efforts to comply.
- 22-23 October 2013 | Helsinki Workshop: Content essentials on use, exposure and risks in Chemical Safety Reports (CSR/ES Roadmap action 1.1)
The workshop kicks off action 1.1 of the CSR/ES Roadmap. The aim of the workshop is to align understanding on the purpose of the various information elements in the CSR.
- 25 June 2013 | Helsinki The Biocides Stakeholders' Day
The European Chemicals Agency organises its first Biocides Stakeholders' Day on 25 June 2013 in Helsinki.
- 17 June 2013 | Brussels ECHA information session on Critical Raw Materials and REACH
ECHA held an information session to discuss the possible regulatory impacts that the REACH and CLP legal obligations have on Critical Raw Materials (CRMs).
- 17 June 2013 | Helsinki Seminar on Applications for Authorisation
The workshop aimed to improve future applicants' understanding of the authorisation application procedure.
- 16-17 May 2013 | Helsinki Fourth meeting of the ECHA-Stakeholder Exchange Network on Exposure Scenarios (ENES 4)
The European Chemicals Agency together with the Cefic, Eurometaux, CONCAWE , Fecc, AISE on behalf of the Downstream Users of Chemicals Coordination Group (DUCC) are coordinating the next meeting of ENES.
- 07-08 May 2013 | Helsinki Topical Scientific Workshop on Risk Assessment for the Sediment Compartment
The workshop aims to bring together experts in the field of sediment risk assessment to brainstorm and develop updated scientific principles for assessing the ecological risks of chemical substances for freshwater and marine sediments.
- 26 March 2013 | Helsinki Eighth Stakeholders' Day
The European Chemicals Agency organised its Eighth Stakeholders' Day Conference on 26 March 2013 in Helsinki.
- 05-06 March 2013 | Zagreb, Croatia ECHA's REACH-IT and IUCLID workshop for Croatian authorities and industry
The European Chemicals Agency organised a REACH-IT and IUCLID workshop for Croatian authorities and industry. The workshop offered interested stakeholders from Croatia the chance to participate in REACH-IT and IUCLID hands-on training.
- 11-12 February 2013 | Helsinki Seminar on Applications for Authorisation 11-12 February 2013
The seminar aimed to improve future applicants' understanding of the authorisation application procedure.
- 05-09 November 2012 | Targeted expert consultation: cycloxydim
The Committee for Risk Assessment (RAC) is currently developing an opinion on a proposal for the harmonised classification of cycloxydim for flammability (according to criteria in Annex VI, Dir. 67/548/EEC). The proposal was submitted to ECHA in August 2011 and has been subject of a public consultation ending on 1 October 2011.
- 02 November 2012 | Helsinki Workshop on QSAR Toolbox version 3.0
ECHA and the OECD invite industry users to a workshop introducing version 3.0 of the QSAR Toolbox. The aim of the workshop is to encourage registrants to use the Toolbox to fill data gaps as well as to share best practice for performing and reporting predictions. ECHA and the OECD also wish to collect feedback from industry on the use of the Toolbox.
- 11-12 October 2012 | Helsinki Second Lead registrant workshop
ECHA organised its second workshop for lead registrants from 11 to 12 October 2012 in Helsinki.
- 04 October 2012 | Helsinki Scientific discussion on the adequacy of two in vivo tests
ECHA invites experts with regulatory, scientific, industrial and stakeholder backgrounds for an open discussion on the use the transgenic rodent gene mutation assay (TGR) and the unscheduled DNA synthesis assay (UDS) under REACH. The aim is to produce a document about the scientific adequacy of both assays to support stakeholders in their testing strategy decisions.
- 03 October 2012 | Helsinki Chemicals at the workplace: REACH and OSH in practice
During this workshop participants discussed how the REACH Regulation and occupational safety and health (OSH) regulatory practices can reinforce each other to adequately control the risks from chemicals at the workplace. The first experiences with REACH are available and allow for an outlook on the usability for control, of risks of chemicals in the workplace.
- 03-04 October 2012 | Helsinki Workshop on analysing alternatives and socio-economic impacts in authorisation applications
This workshop addressed the practical aspects of how to analyse alternative substances and how to carry out socio-economic analysis when applying for an authorisation for the placing on the market or the use of a substance on the Authorisation List. The connections between these two types of analysis was also be explored.
- 02-03 October 2012 | Helsinki Experts Workshop on Read-Across Assessment with active support from Cefic-LRI
The workshop was divided into two parts: the objective of the first day (2 October, closed session) was to exchange views between ECHA, the Commission and the Member States on the assessment of the read-across approach in a dossier. During the second day (3 October), the discussion expanded to what constitutes a robust scientific justification for read-across.
- 01-02 October 2012 | Helsinki Seminar on applications for authorisation
This seminar aimed to improve the understanding of the authorisation application process, covering topics like the procedural steps, the content requirements for applications and the formats, manuals and tools for the application submission. The event focused on the needs of potential future applicants but was also open to other stakeholders.
- 24 May 2012 | Helsinki Workshop on Strictly Controlled Conditions
Thursday, 24 May 2012, ECHA Conference Centre, Helsinki The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) held a one day workshop on 24 May 2012 on Strictly Controlled Conditions (SCCs). ECHA met with the representatives of the participating Member States in the Forum pilot project on intermediates to clarify ECHA's understanding of the Guidance on Intermediates and the interpretation of the SCCs.
- 23 May 2012 | Helsinki ECHA Seventh Stakeholders' Day
The European Chemicals Agency hosts its Seventh Annual Stakeholders' Day Conference on 23 May 2012 in the Helsinki Exhibition and Conference Centre (Messukeskus).
- 21-22 May 2012 | Helsinki Second meeting of the ECHA-Stakeholder Exchange Network on Exposure Scenarios (ENES2), 21-22 May 2012, Helsinki
The European Chemicals Agency hosted the second ECHA-Stakeholder Exchange Network on Exposure Scenarios (ENES2) on 21-22 May 2012 in Helsinki. The meeting offered participants from ECHA, European industry associations and Member State competent authorities the opportunity to share practical experience in defining and implementing the risk management measures described in the REACH exposure scenario for the environment.
- 19 April 2012 | Helsinki Workshop on scientific issues related to oils, fats and waxes obtained from genetically modified plants in the context of REACH
This workshop provided a platform for Member State experts to discuss and present their views on the applicability of the exemption from the requirement to register substances derived from vegetable oils, fats and waxes obtained from genetically modified plants. This exemption is laid down in Annex V entry 9 to the REACH Regulation.
- 01 March 2012 | Brussels Conference on REACH and CLP Enforcement
The European Commission hosted a Conference on REACH and CLP Enforcement on 1 March 2012, which gathered member state authorities and stakeholders to discuss activities and best practice in enforcing the new legislation.
- 08 February 2012 | Helsinki Workshop on the validity of the use of the 'rapid removal' concept
ECHA met with members of the Risk Assessment Committee (RAC), and representatives of the Member States and industry to discuss the validity of the concept of 'rapid removal' for aquatic environmental long-term hazard classification of metals and inorganic metal compounds.
- 02-03 February 2012 | Helsinki Lead registrant workshop
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) organises a "Lead Registrant Workshop" on 2-3 February 2012 in Helsinki. The workshop is targeted to (new) Lead Registrants and will take place in ECHA's conference centre. The content of the workshop will be coordinated together with the Agency's Accredited Stakeholder Organisations who will be leading parts of the programme.
- 07 December 2009 | Helsinki Third Stakeholders' Day
ECHA organised the third Stakeholders' Day to inform its stakeholders about Agency's activities and news, to share views and to allow stakeholders to ask questions.
- 01 December 2009 | Helsinki REACH - Substance Identity Workshop
On the 1 December 2009 the European Chemicals Agency organised a Substance Identity Workshop in Helsinki. The workshop clarified key substance identity concepts in the context of REACH processes such as inquiry and registration.
- 11 September 2009 | Brussels Lead Registrants Workshop
ECHA organised together with the European Commission a workshop for Lead Registrants in Brussels on 11 September 2009. The aim of the workshop was to inform the Lead Registrants about the support available, about the best practices of well functioning SIEFs, how to build registrations dossiers and how to fulfil information requirements.
- 17 June 2009 | Brussels Conference on EU and world-wide rules for classification, labelling and packaging of chemicals
The conference aimed to inform authorities, industry and other stakeholders about the new provisions for classification, labelling and packaging in the EU, placing them in the global context of GHS.
- 27 May 2009 | Helsinki Second Stakeholders' Day
ECHA organised the second Stakeholders' Day to inform its stakeholders about Agency's activities and news, to share views and to allow stakeholders to ask questions.
- 26 March 2009 | Helsinki REACH-IT Stakeholders Workshop
The REACH-IT Stakeholders Workshop was organised 26 March 2009.