Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: -
CAS number: -
- General advice:
When in doubt or if symptoms are observed, get medical advice. Remove victim out of the danger area. Put victim at rest, cover with a blanket and keep warm. Do not leave affected person unattended. If unconscious place in recovery position and seek medical advice.
- Following inhalation:
Remove casualty to fresh air and keep warm and at rest. If breathing is irregular or stopped, administer artificial respiration.
- Following skin contact:
Wash immediately with: Water Do not wash with: Solvents/Thinner.
- Following eye contact:
In case of contact with eyes flush immediately with plenty of flowing water for 10 to 15 minutes holding eyelids apart and consult an ophthalmologist.
- Following ingestion:
If accidentally swallowed rinse the mouth with plenty of water (only if the person is conscious) and obtain immediate medical attention. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- Most important symptoms and effects: No information available.
- Suitable extinguishing media:
Alcohol resistant foam, extinguishing powder
- Unsuitable extinguishing media:
Strong water jet, water mist
- Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture:
In case of fire may be liberated: Carbon dioxide (CO2), Carbon monoxide (CO).
- Advice for fire fighter: Do not inhale explosion and combustion gases. Use water spray jet to protect personnel and to cool endangered containers. Do not allow run-off from fire-fighting to enter drains or water courses. Very toxic to aquatic life. May cause long lasting harmful effects to aquatic life. Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus and chemical protective clothing.
- Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures:
Special danger of slipping by leaking/spilling product. Do not breathe gas/fumes/vapour/spray. Provide adequate ventilation. Remove persons to safety.
- Environmental precautions:
Ensure all waste water is collected and treated via a waste water treatment plant. In case of entry into waterways, soil or drains, inform the responsible authorities. Very toxic to aquatic life. May cause long lasting harmful effects to aquatic life.
- Methods and material for containment and cleaning up: Suitable material for taking up: Sand, Kieselguhr, Universal binder, Sawdust. Collect in closed and suitable containers for disposal.
- Precautions for safe handling:
Provide adequate ventilation as well as local exhaustion at critical locations. When using do not eat, drink, smoke, sniff. Wash hands before breaks and after work. In case of entry into waterways, soil or drains, inform the responsible authorities. Wear personal protection equipment.
- Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities: Ensure adequate ventilation of the storage area. Keep/Store only in original container. Use isolated drainage to prevent discharge to soil. Restrict access to stockrooms. Keep the packing dry and well sealed to prevent contamination and absorbtion of humidity. Never use pressure to empty container. Keep away from oxidising agent, acid and alkali.
Storage class: 10
Storage class (TRGS 510): 10
To date, no national critical limit values exist.
When using do not eat, drink, smoke, sniff. Wash hands before breaks and after work.
Appropriate engineering controls
No special technical protective measures are necessary.
Personal protective equipment
Eye/face protection: Eye glasses with side protection
Skin protection - hand protection:
Gloves. The quality of the protective gloves resistant to chemicals must be chosen as a function of the specific working place concentration and quantity of hazardous substances. Breakthrough times and swelling properties of the material must be taken into consideration.
Suitable material: Butyl rubber
Breakthrough time (maximum wearing time): >480 min.
Thickness of the glove material: 1.00 mm.
Recommended glove articles: Butyl Plus/R0,5
Skin protection - body protection: Overall
Respiratory protection: Respiratory protection necessary at: exceeding exposure limit values insufficient ventilation insufficient exhaust Handling larger quantities. Container device with compressed air (DIN EN 137) / Filtering device (full mask or mouthpiece) with filter: Filter types:A, B, E, K. Class 1: Maximum permitted contaminant concentration in inhaled air = 1000 mL/m3 (0.1 % by vol.); class 2: maximum permitted contaminant concentration in inhaled air = 5000 mL/m3 (0.5 % by vol.); class 3: maximum permitted contaminant concentration in inhaled air = 10000 mL/m3 (1.0 % by vol.)
Environmental exposure controls
Send to a hazardous waste incinerator facility under observation of official regulations.
Reactivity, chemical stability, possibility of hazardous reactions, conditions to avoid: No information available
Incompatible materials: Exothermic reaction with: oxidising agent, strong acid, strong alkali
Hazardous decomposition products: Carbon dioxide. Carbon monoxide (CO).
Send to a hazardous waste incinerator facility under observation of official regulations. Clean IBCs or drums at approved facility only. Contaminated packages must be completely emptied and can be re-used following proper cleaning. Packing which cannot be properly cleaned must be disposed of. Handle contaminated packages in the same way as the substance itself.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again