Workshop on Strictly Controlled Conditions
Thursday 24 May 2012 | ECHA Conference Centre, Helsinki
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) held a one day workshop on 24 May 2012 on Strictly Controlled Conditions (SCCs).
ECHA met with the representatives of the participating Member States in the Forum pilot project on intermediates to clarify ECHA's understanding of the Guidance on Intermediates and the interpretation of the SCCs.
During the workshop, presentations from ECHA addressed the following aspects:
- An explanation of ECHA's views and strategy regarding the Article 36 letters, and
- Elaboration of the Guidance on Intermediates and in particular how the SCCs should be understood.
Summary of discussions
- 3.1. History and background to the Workshop – Johan Nouwen (ECHA) [PDF]
- 3.2. Forum Pilot Project on Intermediates - Katja vom Hofe (DE) [PDF]
- 3.3. Review of the assessment of intermediate dossiers - Riitta Riala (ECHA) [PDF]
- 4.1. Status of intermediate dossiers and verification strategy - Riitta Riala, Cyril Jacquet (ECHA) [PDF]
- 5.1. Discussion on downstream users - Cyril Jacquet (ECHA) [PDF]
- 5.2. Discussion on definition of intermediates and status - Fesil Mushtaq (ECHA) [PDF]
- 5.3. Discussion on SCCs and the guidance on intermediates - Augusto Di Bastiano (ECHA) [PDF]