Consultation on eight substances for harmonised classification and labelling
ECHA is seeking comments on harmonised classification and labelling proposals for eight substances.
Helsinki, 15 March 2017 - The eight substances for which comments are sought are:
- Diisooctyl phthalate(EC 248-523-5; CAS 27554-26-3) – plasticiser used to make synthetic rubber, polymer and resins for consumer products. No existing harmonised classification and labelling (CLH) in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on reproductive toxicity.
- silicon carbide (fibres fulfilling the WHO definition: diameter < 3 µm, length > 5 µm and aspect ratio ≥ 3:1)(EC -; CAS -) – produced in crystalline fibrous forms and used as reinforcement agents for ceramic and metal matrix composites to enhance structural and thermal stability. No CLH in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on carcinogenicity.
- Margosa, ext. [cold-pressed oil of Azadirachta indica seeds without shells extracted with super-critical carbon dioxide] (EC 283-644-7; CAS 84696-25-3) – biocidal active substance used as a repellent against ants (product-type 19). No CLH in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on physical hazards, human health hazards and environmental hazards apart from respiratory sensitisation, aspiration and hazardous to the ozone layer.
- Branched hexatriacontane(EC 417-070-7; CAS 151006-62-1) – used as an additive to improve lubrication and reduce friction in automotive industry. Has an existing CLH in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on environmental hazards.
- Ipconazole (ISO); (1RS,2SR,5RS;1RS,2SR,5SR)-2-(4-chlorobenzyl)-5-isopropyl-1-(1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-ylmethyl)cyclopentanolCAS 125225-28-7, all stereoisomers; 115850-69-6, cis-cis(cc)racemate; 115937-89-8, cist-trans (ct)racemate) – a plant protection product used as a fungicide for seed treatment of wheat and barley. No existing CLH in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on physical, human health and environmental hazards.
- L-(+)-lactic acid; (2S)-2-hydroxypropanoic acid (EC 201-196-2; CAS 79-33-4) – biocidal active substance used in cosmetics and hygienic products. No existing CLH in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on physical hazards, human health hazards and environmental hazards apart from respiratory sensitisation, aspiration and hazardous to the ozone layer.
- 2-methoxyethyl acrylate (EC 221-499-3; CAS 3121-61-7) – used at industrial sites only to manufacture fine chemicals, rubber, plastics and media products. No CLH in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on flammable liquids, acute toxicity through oral and inhalation routes, skin corrosion/irritation, serious eye damage/eye irritation, respiratory sensitisation, skin sensitisation, germ cell mutagenicity, reproductive toxicity and specific target organ toxicity-repeated exposure.
- Imiprothrin(EC 428-790-6; CAS 72963-72-5) – a biocidal active substance used to control insects. No existing CLH in Annex VI to CLP. Comments invited on human health and environmental hazards apart from skin corrosion/irritation, serious eye damage/eye irritation skin and respiratory sensitisation, aspiration hazard and hazardous to the ozone layer.
Comments should be submitted by 28 April 2017, at 23:59 Helsinki time (EET).