Workshop on REACH Review Action 3
In 2018, the European Commission published the second REACH review. Action 3 proposed in this review aims to improve the workability and quality of extended safety data sheets.
ECHA is supporting the Commission in this work that was kicked off in a workshop in March 2019. That workshop focused on the expectations for extended safety data sheets as an information source for risk assessment and management. The participants also discussed various options which should be explored to meet the goals of REACH Review Action 3. A report of this workshop is available via the link below.
As a follow-up to the March event, ECHA, jointly with the Commission, is organising a second workshop that will highlight and further discuss the outcomes of the first event and share information on the progress made on the following focus areas for Action 3:
- user-targeting of information,
- minimum requirements for exposure scenarios,
- methodology for the inclusion of exposure scenarios and derived/predicted no- effect-levels (DNEL/PNECs) into safety data sheets for mixtures, and
- how communication of safety information on chemicals could be supported by IT tools.
The September workshop will discuss, in particular, which of the practical solution elements that have already been identified are worthy of further development.
This 1½-day workshop will take place at ECHA in Helsinki on 23 – 24 September.
The participants should have practical experience in authoring safety data sheets, or using the information they contain for risk or safety assessments, or have participated in enforcement campaigns or projects on (extended) safety data sheets. The workshop will not be an information session but rather an opportunity to exchange views on the extended safety data sheet. The participants will have the opportunity to discuss with ECHA, the Commission, the Member State authorities and industry representatives how the extended safety data sheet, the related flows of information and the IT tools could be further developed to better meet the needs of different actors in the supply chain.
- Programme [PDF][EN] (updated with a timing of the web streamed sessions)
Registration closed on 15 August 2019
Please join by connecting about 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time of the session you want to follow.
- Click here to join
(Or alternatively go to http://echa.webex.com, click on Webex Events, Enter the Event Number 703833270 and click Join)
- Enter your name and email address
- Click on Join again
- Connect to audio
Contact number: +358 9 6861 8889
For logistical reasons, the number of participants to this event will be limited. If a larger number of experts will register than there are places available, ECHA will use the criteria indicated in the registration form in allocating the seats.
- Report of the September workshop [PDF][EN]
- Summary of the March workshop [PDF][EN]
- Workshop pre-reading
- Background documents
- Workshop presentations
- Draft Principles & Building Blocks by ECHA [PDF] [EN]
- Lessons Learned from Enforcement by the Forum [PDF] [EN]
- Testing of SUMI & LCID by ENES [PDF] [EN]
- Exposure Scenario Pilots by CEFIC-DUCC [PDF] [EN]
- LCID Exemplification by Cefic-VCI [PDF] [EN]
- Solution elements to be carried forward by ECHA [PDF] [EN]