Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 214-604-9
CAS number: 1163-19-5
- Immediate medical assistance required: NO
- Skin contact: after contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water.
- Eye contact: in case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Inhalation: remove to fresh air.
- Ingestion: give 500 ml water to drink.
- Emergency equipment: -
- Suitable: carbon dioxide, dry chemicals, foam, water spray (mist).
- Unsuitable: -
- Exposure hazards: releases hydrogen bromide, bromine and oxides of carbon.
- Protective equipment for fire-fighters: wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
- Personal precautions: ventilate area.
- Environmental precautions: do not discharge into drains or the environment, dispose to an authorised waste collection point.
- Methods for cleaning up: shovel up residues and place in a labelled sealable container for subsequent safe disposal.
- Handling: local exhaust is needed at source of dust. Mechanical ventilation is recommended. When using do not eat, drink or smoke.
- Storage: keep container tightly closed. Store in dry, cool, well-ventilated area.
Personal protective equipment
- Skin protection: if skin contact or contamination of clothing is likely, protective clothing should be worn.
- Eye protection: chemical goggles or safety glasses.
- Hands protection: wear suitable gloves resistant to chemical penetration.
- Respiratory protection: EC approved respirator fitted with high efficiency (dust, fumes, mist) filter cartridges.
- Stability: material is stable.
- Conditions to avoid: avoid temperatures above 260 degree C.
- Materials to avoid: avoid contact with oxidizing agents.
- Hazardous (thermal) decomposition products: hydrobromic acid, bromine and oxides of carbon.
- Dispose of by incineration or in a chemically secured landfill in accordance with local/national regulations.
- Ensure contaminated materials are handled at an authorized installation.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid, et tagada lehe parim kasutus.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again