- Tools zur Dossiereinreichung
- R4BP 3
- Notification for a product in a product family for national authorisation
Notification for a product in a product family for national authorisation
If a Member State has authorised a biocidal product family, the authorisation holder can place a product within this product family on its market after notifying the competent authority at least 30 days in advance. A notification is required for each new product within the product family.
However, a notification is not needed if the product was explicitly identified in the authorisation, or if the variation in composition concerns only pigments, perfumes and dyes within the permitted variations. Refer to ECHA's Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) pages and to the legislation for more information.
Submit your notification through the Register for Biocidal Products, R4BP 3.
Preparing a notification
- Refer to the Biocides Submission Manual (BSM) 4 'Biocidal Products – Part A: Initial submissions'; BSM 7 'Notifications and permits' for support; the 'Guidance on information requirements' as well as the legislation for instructions.
- Refer to the supporting documents table for submission requirements. Use the available document templates where appropriate.
Submission through R4BP 3
- Sign up for REACH-IT. Refer to BSM 2 'Using R4BP 3 for biocides applications' and for instructions.
- Log into R4BP 3 with your User ID and password defined in REACH-IT.
- For the 'notification for a product in product family', access the asset for the national authorisation in R4BP 3. Refer to BSM 4 'Biocidal Products – Part A: Initial submissions' and also BSM 7 'Notifications and permits' for support.
- The submission wizard will guide you through the submission. The asset owner details must be known in R4BP 3 to initiate this process.
Note that authorisations granted under the BPD must first be migrated from R4BP 2 in order to obtain the 'asset number' required in R4BP 3. For further information, you may wish to consult the 'Migration' Q&A section on the ECHA website or contact the ECHA Helpdesk.
Follow up in R4BP 3
Check your messages and task items in R4BP 3 regularly. You will find various messages under the 'MESSAGES' tab in R4BP 3, for example:
- Result of the format check.
- Result of the notification.
You may also receive authority requests for more information through R4BP 3 with a deadline. The requests will appear under TASKS. If you fail to meet a deadline, your notification might not be accepted.