Directorates and units
- The Executive Office supports the Executive Director and ECHA’s senior management towards coherent and effective governance of the Agency.
- The Executive Office advises on and coordinates strategic and policy-related activities, enhancing ECHA's overall operations and reputation. It drives corporate change aiming at initiatives improving alignment and efficiency. It is the central point of contact with the EU institutions and Member State Competent Authorities on strategic and policy matters.
- Supports the Executive Director and ECHA Directors in the centralised governance and daily management of the Agency
- Provides the secretariat of the Management Board
- Coordinates the corporate planning, monitoring and reporting, as well as the development and implementation of ECHA's corporate strategy
- Manages ECHA's operating model, drives the definition and improvement of the processes, through the tools of the integrated management system (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified)
- Assesses the internal control framework based on ECHA’s Integrated Management Standards, carries out audits, ex-ante and ex-post evaluations and coordinates corporate risk management
- Sets and oversees specific rules and policies related to cross-directorate operations such as Data Protection, Conflict of Interest prevention, anti-fraud, transparency and related domains
- Drives corporate cross-functional change initiatives, to improve ECHA’s overall performance and adaptability
- Facilitates ECHA’s information management, including security and compliance aspects, by developing related policies and delivering tools and services for their implementation (both internal and towards external stakeholders)
- Maintains and develops ECHA's relations with key policy stakeholders and coordinates communications with EU institutions and agencies, Member States and the host country Finland
- Hosts the functions of Data Protection Officer, Internal Controls Officer, Quality Manager and Information Security Manager