Directorates and units
Directorate R - Resources
The Finance Unit supports the organisation by providing customer-oriented services and advice to ensure an efficient planning and implementation of the Agency's budget while safeguarding the financial interests of the Agency.
The Finance Unit:
- Coordinates the Agency’s financial resources (budgeting, monitoring, reporting)
- Provides administrative support in implementing the budget in accordance with the financial rules and regulations, including procurement advice and support
- Carries out the accounting function (accounts payable/receivable, treasury management, financial statements)
- Liaises with the Commission, budgetary authority, the Court of Auditors and other stakeholders related to the financial matters
The Human Resources Unit plans and manages ECHA's human resources effectively, efficiently and in compliance with applicable EU rules and good management practice.
The Human Resources Unit:
- Steers the human resources policy developments through strategic input and quality documents
- Manages the implementation of the human resources strategy and carries out the necessary follow-up measures
- Coordinates the staff planning for the Agency and ensures alignment to the corporate work plans
- Organises the corporate staff selections and recruitments
- Manages the Agency's staff contracts, allowances and payroll activities (including the HR-related budget)
- Ensures the well-being of staff by providing support upon recruitment and offering medical and social services to ECHA's staff
- Offers a positive working environment to staff, fostering performance and career perspectives through continuous learning and development opportunities
- Reports on a regular basis to management and stakeholders on human resources
- Supports, and provides advice to, management in the fulfilment of their management tasks
- Manages the Agency's interim placement and traineeship programme.
The Corporate services unit provide services and activities that combine or consolidate certain agency-wide needed support services, which are provided based on specialized knowledge, best practices, and methods in order to serve internal and external clients and partners.
The Corporate Services unit
- Manages the building and provision of office services, including reception, cleaning, facility services and parking
- Provision of physical security and access management, fire safety and crisis management.
- Management of the canteen and catering services for staff and external meeting participants
- Management of the courier service contract
- Manages Physical security and access management, including crisis management.
- Provision of audio-visual, including technical guidance and support
- Event assistant support for meetings as well as calculation of participant reimbursements
- Processing of mission order and claims
- Centralised translation services
- Financial and administrative management of ECHA’s Library services.