The Biocidal Products Committee
The Biocidal Products Committee (BPC) prepares the opinions of ECHA related to several BPR processes. The final decisions are taken by the European Commission. The processes are:
- Applications for approval and renewal of approval of active substances
- Review of approval of active substances
- Applications for inclusion in Annex I of active substances meeting the conditions laid down in Article 28 and review of the inclusion of such active substances in Annex I
- Identification of active substances which are candidates for substitution
- Applications for Union authorisation of biocidal products and for renewal, cancellation and amendments of Union authorisations, except where the applications are for administrative changes
- Scientific and technical matters concerning mutual recognition in accordance with Article 38
- At the request of the Commission or of the Member States, the BPC is also responsible for preparing an opinion on any other questions that may arise from the operation of the BPR relating to risks to human or animal health or the environment, or to technical guidance.
Each Member State is entitled to appoint one member to the BPC for a renewable term of three years. They may also appoint an alternate member.
Applicants may participate in BPC discussions. The agenda for BPC meetings are published at the latest 21 days before a meeting. If applicants wish to participate for their agenda item, they should contact the BPC Secretariat (BPC (at) echa.europa.eu) and in particular follow the approach described in section 3 of the Code of Conduct for Applicants Participating in the BPC and its Working Groups.
- List of BPC members with their CVs and Declarations of interest
- Meetings (dates, agendas and minutes)
- Rules of procedure of the BPC[PDF]
- List of Accredited Stakeholder Organisations [PDF]
- Code of Conduct for applicants participating in the BPC and its Working Groups[PDF]
- Work programme for BPC 2016 -2017 for active substance approvals
Approval of active substances
Opinions on other questions
- Framework for requests according to Article 75 (1)(g) of the BPR[PDF]
- Working procedure for active substance approval[PDF]
- Working procedure for Union authorisation applications[PDF]
- Technical and scientific matter opinions concerning mutual recognition: working procedure for the BPC[PDF]