- About Us
- The way we work
- Procedures and Policies
- European Ombudsman
- cases Echa's scientific decisions
This table contains inquiries by the European Ombudsman concerning ECHA, both related to complaints as well as own-initiative inquiries, which have a broader scope. It shows only closed cases and does not include individual cases related to specific recruitment and selection procedures.
The relevant cases have been classified into four categories:
- Access to documents and dissemination: cases related to requests for access to documents and the dissemination of information;
- Administration: cases related to administrative matters;
- Animal testing: cases related to the avoidance of animal testing;
- ECHA’s scientific decisions: cases relating scientific decisions;
- Own-initiative inquiries: cases related to own-initiative inquiries by the European Ombudsman.
- Procedures: cases related to procedural matters.
|Case number||Parties||Keywords||Main Legal Provisions||Date of the decision|
|1494/2018/PL||Company operating in the chemical industry v ECHA||Meaning of the “natural substance”||Annex V REACH||08/07/2019|
|1302/2020/JN||Companies operating in the chemical industry v ECHA||Inclusion if a substance on the Candidate list||Art 59(7) and 59(8) REACH||26/08/2020|