- About Us
- The way we work
- Procedures and Policies
- European Ombudsman
- cases animal testing
This table contains inquiries by the European Ombudsman concerning ECHA, both related to complaints as well as own-initiative inquiries, which have a broader scope. It shows only closed cases and does not include individual cases related to specific recruitment and selection procedures.
The relevant cases have been classified into four categories:
- Access to documents and dissemination: cases related to requests for access to documents and the dissemination of information;
- Administration: cases related to administrative matters;
- Animal testing: cases related to the avoidance of animal testing;
- ECHA’s scientific decisions: cases relating scientific decisions;
- Own-initiative inquiries: cases related to own-initiative inquiries by the European Ombudsman.
- Procedures: cases related to procedural matters.
|Case number||Parties||Keywords||Main Legal Provisions||Date of the decision|
|1130/2016/JAS||PETA v European Commission||ECHA Statement, Animal testing, Cosmetics||Art. 13 TFEU, Art. 75 REACH, Art. 18 Cosmetics regulation||21/07/2017|
|1606/2013/AN||Group of NGOs v ECHA||Animal testing, alternative methods||Art. 4 ECGAB, Art. 13 REACH||11/09/2015|
|1568/2012/(FOR)AN||PETA Foundation v ECHA||Compliance check, animal testing||Art. 4 of the European Code of Good Administrative Behaviour (ECGAB); |
Art. 13, 25 and 41 REACH
|1301/2013/(FOR)AN||European Coalition to End Animal Experiments (ECEAE) v ECHA||ECHA Factsheet, animal testing||Art. 4 ECGAB; |
Art. 20(2) REACH;
Annex VIII, section 8.7.1, column 2 REACH