Workshop on Streamlining applications for authorisation
17 November | Brussels, Belgium
This workshop was a follow-up to the 'Lessons Learned' conference on applications for authorisation, held in Helsinki on 10-11 February 2015.
The aim of this workshop was to further improve the functioning of the application for authorisation process under the REACH Regulation by focusing on two aspects: how to make 'fit-for-purpose' applications in general and how to fulfil the information requirements for 'upstream' applications.
Date and venue
The workshop was organised jointly by the European Commission and ECHA and took place at the Berlaymont building in Brussels on 17 November.
- Introduction, Thierry Nicot (ECHA), Presentation
- Status of simplification of applications in specific cases, Anna Borràs (DG GROW), Presentation
- Experience from preparing a focused single downstream user application, Elke Van Asbroeck (Apeiron-Team), Presentation
- Experience from preparing an application with multiple applicants, Patrick Levy and Panos Zarogiannis (SOCOTEC, RPA), Presentation
- Specific issues from RAC and SEAC, Tim Bowmer (ECHA), Presentation
- Experience from preparing upstream applications covering multiple downstream users, Silke Tenbrock (Olin Corporation), Presentation
- Specific issues from RAC, Urs Schlüter (ECHA), Presentation
- Experience from preparing an upstream application covering multiple uses and users, Julius Waller (EPPA), Presentation
- Specific issues from SEAC, Jean-Marc Brignon (ECHA), Presentation
- Workshop conclusions, Christina de Avila (DG ENV), Presentation
For questions about the workshop, please contact: application-authorisation [at] echa.europa.eu