Workshop on EUSES update needs
A workshop in Brussels (4-5 June 2018) was organised to review the state of the art of the EUSES tool regarding environmental exposure assessment of chemical substances. The aim was to find out how a future update of EUSES could best support the regulatory assessment under REACH and biocides.
The participants were selected based on their expression of interest and with an aim to keep a balanced participation of industry and authorities (as well as some academia) covering both fields of REACH and biocides.
The objectives were:
- To discuss and agree among stakeholders on some initial update needs (for both release and fate modelling modules) for EUSES from a content perspective, with a view for IT implementation.
- To collect additional ideas on needs for updates from the participants
- To discuss a proposal for stakeholders’ involvement during the update and maintenance of EUSES by ECHA.
The information collected during the workshop helps ECHA to better understand the needs and requirements for a future update of EUSES. ECHA will take a decision in 2019 on whether and to what extent to invest in further maintenance and development of EUSES.
Agenda and background information
- Workshop Agenda
- Background document
- Annex 2 to background document: Proposed changes by workshop organising committee.
The report of the workshop is available here.
Presentations and video recordings
- The EUSES tool for environmental risk assessment: past and future presentation.
- ECETOC Modelling Workshop 2017: Outcome & Reflections on EUSES presentation.
- Exposure assessment principles and EUSES under REACH presentation.
- Exposure assessment principles and EUSES under BPR presentation.
- EUSES development plan and interlink with Chesar presentation.
- Priority setting criteria for ranking update needs presentation.
- Current limitations and update needs identified by organising committee 1st part presentation.
- Current limitations and update needs identified by organising committee: 2nd part presentation.
- Stakeholders in the EUSES development: organisational structure, roles and process presentation.
- UK exposure model project presentation.
- Future developments in environmental risk assessment: toxic pressure calculation with SimpleBoxTreat presentation.
- Presentation of outcome of World Café session presentation.
The video recordings are available here.
For suggestions or questions on the update of the EUSES tool, please contact: euses[at]echa.europa.eu