Workshop on the use of the QSAR Toolbox: Feedback from Industry Users and Development Needs
24 November 2011 | Helsinki
The first workshop with QSAR Toolbox industry users was held at ECHA on 24 November 2011. Nearly 30 representatives from industry, with practical knowledge on the use of the QSAR Toolbox, shared their experience and expressed their needs for further development and support.
The objectives of the workshop were:
- Sharing experience and best practice from the use of the QSAR Toolbox
- Identifying needs for implementation of additional features in the QSAR Toolbox
- Identifying needs for other types of support in view of the next registration deadline 2013
Four industry speakers provided insight on how they use the QSAR Toolbox, where they see need for further development and support and what are considered as current barriers for using the QSAR Toolbox. Long term objectives and plans for version 3.0 were introduced by the OECD secretariat.
A summary from the discussions and recommendations as well as the presentations from the Workshop are available below:
- Welcome and introduction
- Future Developments - The OECD Perspective
- Supporting Substance Hazard Assessment and REACH Registrations: Experiences and Needs
- Experience & Needs from industry
- Feedback from Industry Users and Development Needs
- Client Databases – Importation, Issues and Performance
QSAR Toolbox website: http://www.qsartoolbox.org/