First opinions on Union authorisation adopted
- cyphenothrin for product-type 18
- penflufen for product-type 8
- acetamiprid for product-type 18
- cholecalciferol for product-type 14
- formaldehyde for product-type 2
- empenthrin for product-type 18.
- For the first time, an opinion was given to support the Commission in addressing an unresolved disagreement between Member States during the mutual recognition of insect repellent biocidal products.
- The Committee concluded that copper sulphate does not act as an active substance in the product that was considered.
- The Committee concluded that powdered corn cob is eligible for inclusion in Annex I (list of substances that do not give rise to concern).
- Among the substances eligible for inclusion in the review programme which benefitted from a derogation for food and feed (Article 6 of the Review Programme Regulation), the Committee concluded that cheese, concentrated apple juice, d-fructose, honey, powdered egg, yeast (saccharomyces cerevisae) and vinegar are eligible for inclusion in Annex I.
- More information about the opinions [EN] [PDF]
- Biocidal product-types
- Annex I of the Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR)
- Exclusion criteria for active substances (Article 5(1)(d) of the BPR)
- Conditions for derogation from exclusion criteria (Article 5(2) of the BPR)
- Substances that benefitted from a derogation for food and feed (Article 6 of regulation (EC) 1451/2207)
- New endocrine disruptor criteria for biocides (regulation (EU) 2017/2100)
- Further information about the BPC