ECHA 10 years, learning from the past, designing the future
In June 2017, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) reached the milestone of 10 years since its foundation. The occasion was marked by a high-level conference on 7 June 2017 in Helsinki.
The conference looked back from the start of ECHA until today, took stock of its achievements and reflected on future challenges.
Participants included partners from European institutions, Member States, international guests and stakeholders from industry and civil society.
Programme and video recordings
- Opening remarks - Mr Geert Dancet, Executive Director, ECHA
- Message from Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska, Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (GROW)
- Ms Margot Wallström, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Sweden, former European Commissioner for Environment
- Mr Patrick Hennessy, former Director ENTR, European Commission
- Mr Thomas Jakl, Member, ECHA Management Board, former Chair (2008-2012)
- Mr Alain Perroy, former Director General, Cefic, Member of ECHA’s first Management Board
- Keynote address
- Current status and achievements
- Future outlook
- Reflections by Ms Saori Dubourg, Member of the Board of Executive Directors, BASF, Vice President of Cefic
- Video message by Ms Julie Girling, Member of the European Parliament
- Panel discussion and Q&A
- Mr Jeremy Wates, Secretary General, European Environmental Bureau
- Mr Peter Smith, Executive Director Product Stewardship, Cefic, Member of ECHA Management Board
- Mr Jim Jones, former Assistant Administrator, Chemicals Bureau, Environmental Protection Agency, USA
- Mr Björn Hansen, Head of Unit Sustainable Chemicals, European Commission
See photos taken during the event