Biocides Stakeholders' Day
Our fourth Biocides Stakeholders' Day took place on Thursday 1 September 2016 in Helsinki. The day provided all biocides stakeholders with the latest information about the Biocidal Products Regulation and the tools and support available.
The focus was on experiences from companies, ECHA and the European Commission. The objective was to equip companies with information about their roles and obligations to meet the legal requirements for biocides.
For any event-related questions, contact us at: echa-events (at) echa.europa.eu.
Overview of speakers [PDF]
- Session 1: Challenges and opportunities
- Session 2: IT tools and dossier preparation
- Session 3: Enforcement of biocidal products
Session 1 - Challenges and opportunities
- Opening - Geert DANCET, ECHA
- Regulatory update from the Commission - Martinus NAGTZAAM, European Commission
- Activities in 2016 - Hugues KENIGSWALD, ECHA
- Union authorisation in practice - Chiara PECORINI, ECHA
Session 2 - IT tools and dossier preparation
- IT tool developments: IUCLID 6 - Dorota BURCHARD-SOSNOWSKA, ECHA
- IT tool developments: R4BP and SPC editor - Roberto GILIOLI, ECHA
- Case study: preparing and submitting an application for in situ substances - Magdalena KORNACKA, ReachCentrum (Speaker had to cancel due to illness)
Session 3 - Enforcement of biocidal products
- Enforcing biocidal products: Commission update - Martinus NAGTZAAM, European Commission
- Case study: enforcement in a Member State - Mike POTTS, Health and Safety Executive, UK
- Case study: enforcement from an industry perspective - Rodolphe QUÉROU, Dow Microbial Control
- Closing remarks - Jack DE BRUIJN, ECHA
The day is open to all but the content will be of particular relevance to European and national industry and trade associations, companies, alternative suppliers, public bodies and environmental as well as health NGOs.
The language of the meeting is English.
Date & Venue
Thursday 1 September 2016
European Chemicals Agency
00120 Helsinki, Finland
To find out about what is going on in Helsinki, eating, nightlife, sightseeing and other cultural events visit: